Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Julie Falconer
Occupation: Travel writer and consultant
Hometown: San Francisco, California
Residence: London, UK
Short Bio: Julie Falconer is a London-based travel writer and consultant. She writes an award-winning blog called A Lady in London, on which she covers destinations across the globe with an emphasis on culture and food. Julie has visited over 90 countries (and counting!).
How often do you fly: Two to three times a month, sometimes more.
How many countries have you been to: 91 (95 by the end of this month!)
How many continents have you been to: 6
Favorite American city: San Francisco (I can’t help it, I’m biased!)
Favorite international city: London (also biased!)
Favorite World Heritage Site: Angkor Wat at sunrise is an amazing sight
Favorite aircraft type: A380
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: BA’s Concorde Room at Heathrow Terminal 5
Favorite U.S. airport: SFO (see favorite city!)
Favorite international airport: SIN
Favorite hotel: Little Kulala in Namibia
Do you unpack into the dresser/closet? Or live out of your suitcase? I’m usually not in any one place for more than a night, so I live out of my suitcase when I’m on the road.
Favorite island: Tsarabanjina, a tiny island off the north coast of Madagascar. Paradise!
Favorite fancy restaurant: The French Laundry in Yountville, California
Favorite hole in the wall: Zushi Puzzle in San Francisco
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Champagne and champagne
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: TripIt. I manage all of my itineraries with it.
Five things you bring on a plane: Passport, noise-canceling headphones, laptop, cameras, carry-on bag (I don’t check bags as a rule!).
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Anything edible or drinkable.
Favorite travel app(s): Instagram. I love sharing my photos while I’m traveling!
Most embarrassing travel moment: Forgetting to get a visa for Brazil until three days before I was supposed to leave. I had to rebook my entire trip for a month later.
Worst travel moment: Getting stuck in Bamako for 48 hours after my plane from Dakar to Nairobi had mechanical problems. Bamako is a great city, but I had already been there on the same trip.
What’s your dream destination: Currently it’s Mauritius. Hoping to go there soon!
Best travel tip: Never check a bag.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.