Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Julie Loffredi
Occupation: Travel Journalist
College: Fordham University
College major: Communications and Media Studies
Short bio: I’m a television news journalist and write a ton about travel. Love to share tips on the TODAY show, Fox News Channel and other networks. My travel tips and stories can also be found online at Travel + Leisure, Travel Channel, USAToday, ABC News, Huffington Post and others.
Earliest travel memory: Having my first beignet in New Orleans while watching the steamboats cruising down the Mississippi River. I was in third grade.
Favorite American city: New York City. I can spend hours walking around the city.
Favorite international city: Montreal. It feels like Europe (but, for me, it’s only a few hours away by car).
Friendliest people in the world: Everyone at Disney World!
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite U.S. airport: Providence. I find the slower, more relaxed pace of smaller airports puts me at ease.
Favorite hotel: I have so many favorites. Touring hotel lobbies is one of my favorite sightseeing activities while traveling. It’s the reason why I often visit places like South Beach, Miami or Las Vegas (places known for hip and eye-catching hotel décor). I stayed last month at DREAM Downtown in New York and that was a pretty cool place.
Favorite cruise line: Royal Caribbean. But many, I have yet to check out (like Viking and Disney).
Favorite travel credit card: Venture Card from Capital One. Not only do you earn double miles on every purchase, but you can redeem those miles on any travel-related expense, including flights, hotels and even Uber rides.
Favorite island: Block Island, Rhode Island (reminds me of Ireland).
Favorite beach: St. Thomas, Magens Bay.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): A cold pineapple juice right now (I’m pregnant!).
Favorite travel show(s): I love Samantha Brown’s latest show on Travel Channel, 50/50.
Favorite travel book(s): “WILD” and “Eat, Pray, Love.”
Right now I am reading: “A Walk in The Woods” (again) by Bill Bryson.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: I’m a newshound. I bounce around several news sites everyday. Hard to pick a favorite! I’m a big fan of the travel writers for The New York Times.
Best travel tips: A lot of travelers ask me how to save money. I always say—do some research before booking a trip. I’ll spend a few hours scoping out hotels on comparison sites to find the best value. Also, consider taking advantage of a credit card reward program. Capital One’s Venture Card is one that can really come in handy for travelers. You decide when, where and how you want to use your miles. Plus, 93% of major airline rewards cardholders would actually earn more miles with Venture Card.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.