Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Kaamna Bhojwani-Dhawan
Occupation: Founder and Chief Mombassador at Momaboard.com, a trip planning service that connects traveling parents with local ones
Hometown: 1980-1998 Mumbai, India; 2008-2010 Sydney, Australia; 2010-2013 San Francisco, USA; 2013-2016 – London, UK; 2017 – Who knows?
College: Smith College, MA
College major: Psychology
YouTube: Kaamna Dhawan
Short bio: I am a travel fiend, who enjoys taking her kids around the world with her! I was born and raised in Mumbai and have since lived in the US, Australia and now the UK. I started Momaboard.com to encourage parents to travel with their kids by taking the stress out of the trip-planning process. We do this by connecting traveling families with local moms, through a custom trip-planning service. Simply tell us where you’re going, what your family likes and how much you are willing to spend, and a local mum will build the perfect itinerary for you including how to get from point A to B with kids, how to avoid tourist traps, kid-friendly restaurants and hotels, and health and safety information such as doctors and babysitters.
How often do you fly? Every month.
How many countries have you been to? 20+
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: Traveling from Mumbai to London with my parents—we did it every year. McDonald’s hadn’t opened in India yet and my grandfather who lived in London brought us Big Macs to the airport!
Favorite American city: New York, baby! I love the lights, the energy and the ‘tude!
Favorite international city: Roma —art, life, design, history, food—what’s not to love. London is an extremely close second!
Least favorite country: I was not impressed by Beijing although I do like Shanghai.
I have no desire to go to: Iowa.
Friendliest people in the world: The Aussies, on the beach, on a sunny summer afternoon.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Sad to say it, but my own country, India, could do a better job of welcoming visitors and returning nationals.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Chatrapati Shivaji Station, Mumbai.
Favorite airline: SQ, Emirates.
Aisle or window: Window, always! For viewing and head-resting.
Favorite airport lounge: The Solitaire lounge at Changi is pretty sweet.
Favorite international airport: Changi.
Favorite hotel: Palmasola in Mexico, Kasbah Tomadout in Morocco, Lizard Island, Australia.
Favorite Island: The Maldives.
Favorite beach: The Maldives.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Ciel Bleu, Amsterdam.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: The Cat Club, San Francisco.
Favorite bar: Archer Street, London. Great cocktails, and the wait staff sings live on tables!
Favorite fruit: Alphonso mango like any self-respecting Bombay girl.
Favorite food: Mexican, Thai, Indian.
Least favorite food: Peruvian!
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Champagne and top shelf tequila.
Favorite travel movie(s): French Kiss.
Favorite travel book(s): “Cry to Heaven,” Anne Rice.
Right now I am reading: The biography of Richard Branson.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! MomAboard!
5 things you bring on a plane: iPad, headphones, an eyeliner, socks, scarf, baby wipes.
What do you always seem to forget? Tissues!
What do you like least about travel? Travel time to the airport (for that reason, I often choose trains).
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Patron, tequila, always!
Most embarrassing travel moment: Getting mugged at popular tourist attraction in Portugal. Rookie mistake.
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: The Himalayas.
Worst travel moment: Being stranded on a plane on the runway in Shanghai because of poor management by Air China.
What’s your dream destination? Buenos Aires. I want to do tango in the streets.
Best travel tip: Get up and go, and take your kids with you. You won’t regret it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.