Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Kaila Yu
Residence: Los Angeles, CA
Facebook: Nylon Pink
Short bio: Kaila Yu is a top blogger based in Los Angeles. She writes for the blog Nylon Pink and was the former lead singer of an all-girl rock band! Many of the stamps that she earned on her passports were earned while touring the band.
Her former band Nylon Pink has toured in Australia (Melbourne and Sydney) and played in Shanghai at the launch party for Havaianas in China, Costa Rica, the Hard Rock in Tokyo, Japan, Macau, China, and Penang, Malaysia. She has a combined social media following of 530,000 and growing and has been regularly featured in print and media publications around the world including Rolling Stone, FHM, MTV, BuzzFeed, The Huffington Post, and more.
How often do you fly? About twice a month.
How many continents have you been to? 5 out of 7.
Favorite American city: My favorite American city is Honolulu, does that count? It almost seems like Honolulu is in a different country, being so tropical and far-flung. Why do I love Honolulu? One of the biggest reasons is the food. I am a huge foodie and Honolulu is home to its own unique delicious treats like poke, spam musubi, lau lau, and more! I love how you can pop into 7-Eleven and pick up a hot plate lunch breakfast (rice, eggs and sausage). Obviously the beautiful beaches and tropical weather are a huge draw also!
Favorite international city: My favorite international city is Taipei! I love it also because it is a foodie destination. I’m definitely biased since my family is originally from Taiwan but I do think it’s the best city in the world. Taipei is most famous for its night markets, which are exciting, bustling nighttime marketplaces. Some of the best street food in the world is served at these night markets, there are over 100 such markets in Taiwan.
Aisle or window: I always have to pick the aisle seat. I have a tiny little girl’s bladder and I hate bugging people about climbing over them to get to the bathroom! I also like to select a seat that is relatively close to the bathroom.
Favorite international airport: Singapore Changi Airport—it’s the most beautiful airport in the world!
Favorite hotel: Hard Rock Hotel, Penang Malaysia.
Favorite cruise line: Carnival Cruises.
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Reserve.
Favorite island: Hawaii.
Favorite beach: Sunrise Beach, Koh Lipe.
Favorite National Park: Grand Canyon.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Anime.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Some Chinese place.
Favorite fruit: Mangos.
Favorite food: Taiwanese food or Korean food.
Favorite travel movie(s): Up in the Air.
Favorite travel show(s): No Reservations—Anthony Bourdain.
Right now I am reading: “18 and Life on Skid Row” by Sebastian Bach. Love those rock biographies!
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: One Mile at a Time, The Points Guy, Migrationology, and JohnnyJet.com!
5 things you bring on a plane: Chapstick, a good book, laptop, moisturizer, ear plugs.
What do you like least about travel? Jetlag and being away from my kitties.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Fragrance, I love beautiful perfume bottles.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Vietnam.
What’s your dream destination? Bora Bora.
Best travel tip: Always order a wireless router so you can have access to wifi and the internet, wherever you go.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.