Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Kait Hanson
Hometown: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Residence: Honolulu, Hawaii
College: Pennsylvania State University
College major: Public Relations
Pinterest: Kait Hanson | CommuniKait
Short bio: Kait Hanson is a Hawaii-based freelance writer and the creative stylist behind CommuniKait, a lifestyle website and brand designed to inspire others to live their best lives. A serial jet-setter and tequila connoisseur, Hanson has never encountered a beach she didn’t want to relax on or a peak she didn’t wish to summit. An expert in designing trips with equal parts adventure and tranquility, she dreams of visiting all 195 countries. Hanson’s work has been featured by Frommer’s, Starwood Hotels + Resorts, Wayfair, Style Me Pretty, POPSUGAR, Relais & Chateaux, Expedia, Intel, Island Air, Hydro Flask, AP, PEOPLE, and more.
How often do you fly? 2-3 times quarterly. Some months not at all, some months multiple times—It’s totally dependent upon what stories I’m working on!
How many countries have you been to? 24
How many continents have you been to? Four—planning to check off five this year!
Favorite American city: San Francisco, CA.
Favorite international city: Venice, Italy.
I have no desire to go to: North Korea.
Friendliest people in the world: Thailand—without question or hesitation. I experienced the friendliest, happiest population of people throughout the entire country of Thailand. I would go back in an instant!
Favorite World Heritage Site: Cultural Landscape of Bali Province: The Subak System (Rice Terraces).
Favorite airline: United for Polaris business class, Delta for economy.
Aisle or window: Window! I live for snapping photos and chronicling my #windowseatdiaries :)
Favorite airport lounge: Plaza Premium Lounge, Taipei, Taiwan.
Favorite U.S. airport: Detroit Metro. Easy to navigate, friendly staff and how about that color tunnel?
Favorite hotel: The Royal Hawaiian, Honolulu.
Favorite cruise line: Norwegian.
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Blue Sapphire.
Favorite island: Taha’a, French Polynesia.
Favorite beach: Waimanalo Beach, Oahu—our friends used to have a house right on it and we would grab chairs, margaritas and head down for a day of relaxation. Still some of my fondest memories!
Favorite National Park: Hawai’i Volcanoes.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: There’s a delicious Thai spot in Honolulu called “Opal Thai”—most delicious Thai food and completely family run.
Favorite fruit: Apple.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): In the air—water. On the ground—margarita. I’m paranoid about dehydrating while flying ever since stepping on an Air France flight, falling asleep and waking up nine hours later. Only to stand up and pass out in the aisle due to lack of water.
Favorite travel movie(s): Catch Me If You Can.
Favorite travel show(s): Beach Bites with Katie Lee—It combines my favorite things…food and travel!
Right now I am reading: “You Are A Badass At Making Money.”
5 things you bring on a plane: A good book, my Hydro Flask, RX Bars, travel toothbrush + toothpaste, scarf.
What do you like least about travel? The way it dries out my skin. It doesn’t matter how many products I am armed with—my skin always takes the brunt of any trip.
Favorite travel app(s): SkyScanner.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Australia and New Zealand—we live so close and just haven’t made the time!
What’s your dream destination? Morocco—I dream about the markets, culture and beautiful architecture. One day!
Best travel tip: If you see cheap flights—book them! You’ll never regret taking a spontaneous trip.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.