Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Kerjan Bianca
Occupation: Travel/Lifestyle Blogger
Hometown: Boulder, Colorado
Residence: Always changing
College: University of Southern California—Fight On!
College major: International Relations & French
Facebook: Backpack Babe
YouTube: Kerjan Bianca
Short bio: I got my first taste of overseas travel to Japan at age 13. From that moment, I was hooked. I recently traded a career for a one-way ticket to Thailand and I couldn’t be more excited to travel the globe!
How often do you fly? Lately every few weeks!
How many countries have you been to? 35. I’ll be living abroad in Southeast Asia very soon, so I’m excited to add to the list.
How many continents have you been to? Still need to go to Africa and Antartica.
Earliest travel memory: Learning all the unique etiquettes in Japan: the importance of gift-giving, bowing, slurping noodles. I loved every minute of it!
Favorite American city: San Francisco.
Favorite international city: I fell in love with Istanbul.
Friendliest people in the world: The people in Thailand are as sweet as can be!
Favorite airline: Air Tahiti Nui. They make you feel like a princess!
Favorite aircraft type: Airbus.
Aisle or window: Window—hands down!
Favorite airport lounge: I’ll let you know once I go!
Favorite U.S. airport: DIA.
Favorite hotel: Zermatterhof in Switzerland.
Favorite travel credit card: Capitol One Venture Card.
Favorite island: St. Barths—it’s where I got my name!
Favorite beach: Any beach in Hawaii.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Il Cielo in Los Angeles.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Pizza Orgasmica.
Favorite bar: Paradise Beach Bar, Mykonos.
Favorite fruit: Mangosteen!
Favorite food: Indian food: Garlic naan, dahl soup, chicken makhani yum!
Least favorite food: Eggplant and cottage cheese lol.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Club soda with lime.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Hundred-Foot Journey.
Favorite travel show(s): Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown.
Favorite travel book(s): “Eat, Pray, Love” and “The Alchemist”!
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Kayak.com and Skyscanner.com.
What do you always seem to forget? My pajamas! I seem to always forget to pack them.
What do you like least about travel? Dirty clothes.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Chocolates are the way to my heart.
Favorite travel app(s): Instagram for wanderlusting over all the dream destinations.
Most embarrassing travel moment: When I studied abroad in France, the organization must have thought I was a boy because of my name. I was paired with a boy and his host family. Needless to say, it was a quite awkward when they first met me!
Worst travel moment: Ahhhh, I slept through my alarm once and missed my flight (*buries face in hands*).
What’s your dream destination? Morocco. Dreaming of mint tea and camel rides :).
Favorite travel charity: Tourism Cares.
Best travel tip: Make as few plans as possible. You never know what adventures or opportunities might come up!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.