Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Kip Geddes
Hometown: New York, NY
Residence: New York, NY
College: Rhodes College, Memphis, TN
College major: Philosophy
Facebook: Kip Geddes
Short bio: Kip Geddes is a New York-based comedian. He loves boxing, meditation, traveling, and meeting new people. Born and raised in NYC, when he’s not doing comedy he can be found eating falafel outside a food truck. (Editor’s note: Kip also stars in this amazing new Québec Original campaign.)
How often do you fly? Multiple times a year.
How many countries have you been to? 10
How many continents have you been to? 2
Favorite American city: NYC.
Favorite international city: Estoril, Portugal.
Friendliest people in the world: Québec (Canada).
Country with the meanest immigration officers: US.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Old Québec—there’s an old castle just in front of the St. Lawrence river, it’s beautiful.
Favorite aircraft type: 747.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite U.S. airport: LaGuardia (jk).
Favorite island: Palm Beach, FL.
Favorite beach: Cryder Beach, Southampton, NY.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Crif Dogs, NYC.
Favorite bar: Please Don’t Tell, NYC.
Favorite food: Memphis BBQ.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): San Pellegrino.
Favorite travel movie(s): Vanishing Point.
Right now I am reading: Chuck Klosterman: “IV.”
5 things you bring on a plane: Headphones, hoodie, sunglasses, water, wool socks.
What do you always seem to forget? Swimsuit.
What do you like least about travel? Waiting.
Most embarrassing travel moment: When I got vertigo in an adventure course in Québec right in the middle of an 85-meter long suspension bridge.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Mexico.
Worst travel moment: Missing a transcontinental flight.
What’s your dream destination? Tokyo.
Best travel tip: Pack light and go where you have a friend.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.