Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Editor’s note: On July 27, 2013 I interviewed Leo Laporte on his The Tech Guy radio/net show. The transcript is below but you can also listen and watch the interview using this link (our segment begins at 1:20).
Name: Leo Laporte
Occupation: Chief `TWIT Officer
Hometown: Manhattan, New York City
Residence: Petaluma, CA
Short Bio: Currently Leo hosts a national radio technology talk show every Saturday and Sunday from 2-5p Eastern on over 180 stations on the Premiere Radio Networks including XM Channel 166. He also appears regularly on many television and radio programs including Live with Kelly.
Founded in April, 2005, his TWiT Netcast Network produces some of the most popular podcasts in the world including this WEEK in TECH, Security Now!, Windows Weekly, MacBreak Weekly, This Week in Google, and The Giz Wiz with more than 5 million listeners each month. http://twit.tv/
In May, 2008, Leo launched a live streaming video version of TWiT called TWiT Live with 30 hours of original programming each week. 2.6 million people watched TWiT Live in its first month and the numbers continue to grow. TWiT broadcasts from a 10,000 square foot live-streaming video studio in Petaluma, California.
How often do you fly: About four times a year
How many countries have you been to: Over 25
How many continents have you been to: Six
Favorite American city: New York and San Francisco
Favorite international city: Paris
Least favorite country: North Korea
Favorite World Heritage Site: Machu Picchu
Favorite airline: Emirates
Favorite aircraft type: 747
Aisle or window: Window
Favorite airport lounge: Frankfurt
Favorite U.S. airport: Burbank
Favorite international airport: SFO
Favorite hotel: Leading Hotels of the World / Shangri-La Singapore
Favorite cruise line: I think Seabourn will be
Favorite island: Tasmania
Favorite fancy restaurant: L’atelier de Joel Robuchon in Las Vegas
Favorite hole in the wall: Mamas Cookin north of the SFO Airport
Favorite fruit: Ugli
Favorite food: Spaghetti
Least favorite food: Pig’s ears
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Water / Mojito
Five things you bring on a plane: iPad, Mac Book Air, Briggs & Riley bag, current phone of choice, Etymotic in-ear monitors
What do you always seem to forget: Glasses
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Havana cigars
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): TripIt
Most embarrassing travel moment: Left my son Henry’s luggage at home and had to fly the next day.
Worst travel moment: When Jennifer (my ex-wife) lost her passport in France.
What’s your dream destination: Kyoto
Best travel tip: Bring Etymotic in-ear monitors and Don’t leave your passport at home.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.