Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Leon Logothetis
Occupation: Author & Traveller
Hometown: London, England
Residence: Los Angeles, California
College: Richmond College, England
College major: Business Management
Facebook: Leon Logothetis
Short bio: Leon Logothetis is a global adventurer, motivational speaker & philanthropist. It wasn’t always that way. He used to be a broker in the city of London where he felt uninspired and chronically depressed. He gave it all up for a life on the road. This radical life change was inspired by the inspirational movie The Motorcycle Diaries.
Leon has visited more than 90 countries and traveled to every continent. He is the host of the TV series Amazing Adventures Of A Nobody, which is broadcast across the world by National Geographic International and, over the course of three seasons, sees Leon cross America, the United Kingdom and Europe on just 5 dollars, 5 pounds, and 5 euros a day, respectively. He recently returned from filming his new TV show The Kindness Diaries, in which he circumnavigated the globe on his vintage yellow motorbike Kindness One, giving life-changing gifts along the way to unsuspecting good Samaritans. All of this whilst relying on the kindness of strangers.
His book, “Amazing Adventures of a Nobody,” is in stores now. His new book “The Kindness Diaries,” published by Reader’s Digest, is available now and chronicles Leon’s circumnavigation of the globe on kindness.
How often do you fly? Multiple times a year…
How many countries have you been to? 90
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: Attempting to ski in France.
Favorite American city: Los Angeles.
Favorite international city: Florence, Italy.
Least favorite country: Hmmm…
I have no desire to go to: Somalia.
Friendliest people in the world: The Bhutanese.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Hmmm. This is going to get me in trouble. The USA!
Favorite World Heritage Site: Petra, Jordan.
Favorite airline: Emirates.
Favorite aircraft type: A380.
Aisle or window: Window, 100% for sure!
Favorite airport lounge: Istanbul.
Favorite U.S. airport: Denver.
Favorite international airport: Dubai.
Favorite hotel: The Mykonos Grace, in Mykonos, Greece.
Favorite cruise line: I have never been on a cruise…
Favorite travel credit card: One that works!
Favorite island: Barbados.
Favorite beach: Komi, in Hios, Greece.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Sur, in West Hollywood.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Street food in Delhi, if I am feeling particularly brave!
Favorite bar: I don’t like bars.
Favorite fruit: #Bananas.
Favorite food: Pizza, especially if it’s Italian!
Least favorite food: Liver.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Water.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Motorcycle Diaries.
Favorite travel show(s): The Layover with Anthony Bourdain.
Favorite travel book(s): “Into the Wild.”
Right now I am reading: “Mastery: The Keys to Success and Long Term Fulfillment” by George Leonard.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: AFAR. Travel + Leisure, Departures.
5 things you bring on a plane: iPod. Computer. A good book. Faith. My lucky black bag!
What do you always seem to forget? Everything!
What do you like least about travel? Flying.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? A massive toblerone bar!
Favorite travel app(s): I don’t have a smartphone. That was not a typo.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Falling into the Ganges…
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: Ireland…
Worst travel moment: Spending 3 days in a Mongolian cow pen…
What’s your dream destination? The pyramids in Egypt.
Best travel tip: Go.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.