Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Lou Hammond
Occupation: Public Relations
Hometown: Muenster, Texas
Residence: New York City and Charleston, SC
Short Bio: Founder, Chairman Lou Hammond & Associates, a public relations agency founded in 1984 with 40 employees serving premium lifestyle audiences. Headquartered in New York, the agency has offices in Palm Beach and Charleston, SC.
How often do you fly: About eight times a month
How many countries have you been to: At least a hundred
How many continents have you been to: Six
Favorite American city: Charleston, SC
Favorite international city: Paris and Bangkok
Least favorite country: Love them all
Favorite airline: Delta and Cathay Pacific
Favorite aircraft type: Large Body
Aisle or window: Window
Favorite airport lounge: Many
Favorite island: Bermuda
Favorite fancy restaurant: Daniel
Favorite hole in the wall: T-Bar
Favorite fruit: Apple
Favorite food: Anything French
Least favorite food: Chinese
Five things you bring on a plane: iPad, Tel/Blackberry, pen, personal cosmetics and sweater.
What do you always seem to forget: Sunglasses
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Perfume
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Delta
What’s your dream destination: One that offers history, good weather, gracious dinning and I know no one there.
Best travel tip: Keep the cool, go with the flow and remember tomorrow is another day.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.