Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Louise Brown
Occupation: English teacher
Hometown: Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Residence: Changsha, Hunan, China
College Major: Journalism
Bio: I am very enthusiastic about life, super environmentally and socially aware and open to many different kinds of experiences. I went to school for journalism and now I am an ESL teacher in Changsha, China.
I’m addicted to lists, old movies and books, eating well (mostly vegetarian), staying physically and mentally active.
Right now, I’m living my life from one moment to the next, I can’t seem to successfully plan anything, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop trying! I guess this is a tragedy and also a blessing. I live because I breathe and I try to impact the planet with the smallest footprint possible.
Types of people I enjoy: People who don’t care what anybody else thinks. People who dress up for fun and people who appreciate the journey more than the destination.
How often do you fly? Once or twice a year. (Seriously.)
How many countries have you been to? 27
How many continents have you been to? 4
Favorite American city: Chicago/Detroit it’s a toss up.
Favorite international city: Amsterdam.
Least favorite country: Bangkok.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: USA!
Favorite World Heritage Site: Kluane Park, Yukon, Canada.
Favorite airline: Thai Airways.
Favorite aircraft type: ???
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: The floor.
Favorite U.S. airport: PHL or CLT.
Favorite international airport: None, they all suck equally.
Favorite hotel: El Momo Cottages, Saba.
Favorite cruise line: Hate cruises.
Favorite travel credit card: Aeroplan.
Favorite island: Saba.
Favorite beach: Anguilla, any beach.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Pierre Gagnaire, Seoul.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Any place service conch on the dock in the Bahamas.
Favorite fruit: Mango.
Favorite food: Rice pudding!
Least favorite food: Bundegi.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Wine, any colour.
Favorite travel movie(s): Apocalypse Now.
Favorite travel show(s): Never watch ‘em.
Favorite travel book(s): Don Quixote.
Right now I am reading: Chronicles of Narnia.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: vagabondish, and whatever blog in whatever city I’m currently in. So right now, Chinanon-stop.com and China Daily’s travel section.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! TravelPod.com and Tripadvisor.com, I used to work for them.
5 things you bring on a plane: Blanket, Blazer and chocolate.
What do you always seem to forget? Heavy things :)
What do you like least about travel? Being treated like an infant.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty-free store? Booze.
Favorite travel app(s): Google maps or TripAdvisor’s Local Picks.
Most embarrassing travel moment: I guess peeing drunk on a squat toilet for the first time in Qingdao? But no one saw that so it doesn’t count.
Worst travel moment: Fighting with my dad on a trip to Scandinavia in the middle of nowhere Kemi, Sweden, because he wouldn’t hitch hike with me.
What’s your dream destination: Maybe Africa? Everywhere I’ve dreamed of going, I have already gone there.
Favorite travel charity: http://www.packforapurpose.org/
Best travel tip: Don’t stop smiling! You can get away with so much more if you will smile. You can also get people to do more things for you if you smile. Also: Don’t make excuses, just do it now. If it will take “forever” or it’s “too difficult” to get somewhere and you give up, you will feel guilty about it later. Guaranteed.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.