Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Louise Fili
Occupation: Graphic Designer
Residence: New York City
College: Skidmore College
College major: Art
Vimeo: louise fili
Short bio: Louise FIli is a graphic designer specializing in restaurants, food packaging and all things Italian. She has written numerous books on graphic design history and Italian culture, including “Graphique de la Rue: The Signs of Paris.”
How often do you fly? 8-10x/year.
How many countries have you been to? 17
How many continents have you been to? 3
Earliest travel memory: First trip to Italy at age 16.
Favorite American city: New York.
Favorite international city: Paris.
Least favorite country: None.
I have no desire to go to: The moon.
Friendliest people in the world: Italians.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: East Germany.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Mt. Etna.
Favorite airline: None.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin Upper Class lounge at Heathrow.
Favorite U.S. airport: None.
Favorite hotel: Villa Ducale, Taormina.
Favorite island: Sicily.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: I Fratellini, Florence.
Favorite fruit: Blackberries.
Favorite food: Artichokes.
Least favorite food: Fast food.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Campari and soda.
Favorite travel movie(s): Two for the Road.
Favorite travel book(s): “No Vulgar Hotel.”
Right now I am reading: “L’Amica Geniale.”
5 things you bring on a plane: Laptop, a good meal, a good book, Euros, water.
What do you always seem to forget? Chargers.
What do you like least about travel? Air travel.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? A bottle of Campari.
Favorite travel app(s): Flightstats.
Worst travel moment: Getting food poisoning in Paris when the exchange rate was particularly favorable to the dollar.
What’s your dream destination? My dream is to spend a year traveling all over Italy in order to finish documenting the shop and restaurant signage.
Best travel tip: Just go.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.