Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Occupation: President, Insight Vacations
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Residence: New Canaan, CT
Bio: President of one of the world’s largest Premium and Luxury Escorted Touring companies. I have also had the pleasure of working for some other outstanding travel companies such as Trafalgar and Tauck.
How often do you fly? More than I care to think about.
How many countries have you been to? 50+
Favorite American city: New York—of course.
Favorite international city: Paris.
Least favorite country: Russia.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Russia.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Ephesus.
Favorite airline: British Airways.
Favorite aircraft type: 747.
Aisle or window: Aisle—so you can get to the bathroom quicker.
Favorite airport lounge: Delta JFK with their new rooftop lounge—outstanding.
Favorite U.S. airport: Austin—great BBQ.
Favorite international airport: Amsterdam.
Favorite hotel: Too many to list.
Favorite travel credit card: American Express.
Favorite island: Hawaii.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Marea NYC.
Favorite hole in the wall: BJ Banc House, Norwalk, CT.
Favorite fruit: Strawberry—they are just so healthy.
Favorite food: Pasta—any kind.
Least favorite food: Eggplant.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Red wine.
Favorite travel show(s): Breaking Bad.
Favorite travel book(s): Anything by Grisham.
Right now I am reading: “King of Thrones.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: T&L, Afar and Conde Naste.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: insightvacations.com
5 things you bring on a plane: iPad, laptop, charger, aspirin, notebook.
What do you always seem to forget? Keys.
What do you like least about travel? Going through security.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Any red wine.
Favorite travel app(s): Delta.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Can’t mention—but it was quite embarrassing!
Worst travel moment: Being stuck in Nairobi for 10 hours.
What’s your dream destination? Tahiti.
Favorite travel charity: Tourism Cares.
Best travel tip: Book early, bring food with you on airplanes, always allot a minimum of 2 hours to connect at any airport with more than 3 airplanes.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.