Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Mark Drusch
Occupation: Chief Supplier Relations Officer, CheapOair
Hometown: New York
Residence: Dallas, TX
Bio: Mark Drusch joined CheapOair in 2012 as its new Chief Supplier Relations Officer. With 20 years of experience in executive airline roles and 10 years of experience in building online research and advertising businesses, Mark has successfully identified and developed profitable new markets and maximized asset profitability.
Prior to CheapOair, Mark was a Senior Vice President at Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines and Lufthansa. During his professional career at Continental Airlines and Delta Airlines, he profitably expanded the carriers’ international operations to Europe and Latin America, and also made successful strategic investments in Priceline and regional carriers as well. Mark then moved on to become the Executive Vice President of e-Rewards and Chief Executive Officer of e-Miles, an innovative online advertising channel. There he was responsible for launching e-Miles and expanding e-Rewards to 40 countries through partnerships with 100 global brands, including 40 airlines and 10 hotel chains.
As Chief Supplier Relations officer, Mark introduces the CheapOair brand to new partnerships, to align the company with top brands in the airline, hotel and car rental industries.
How often do you fly: 1-2X per week.
How many countries have you been to? Over 100.
How many continents have you been to? All except Antarctica.
Favorite American city: Santa Fe or Jackson Hole.
Favorite international city: Paris, Venice or Hong Kong.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Petra.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite U.S. airport: Major Airport: ATL; small airport: JAC.
Favorite international airport: HKG.
Favorite hotel: Mandarin Oriental Bangkok.
Favorite cruise line: Don’t cruise.
Favorite travel credit card: AAdvantage Visa (I live in Dallas!).
Favorite Island: Capri.
Favorite beach: Turks and Caicos.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Abacus Dallas.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Tia’s Santa Fe.
Favorite fruit: Papaya, mango and blueberries.
Favorite food: Italian or Japanese.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Gin and tonic or a good cognac.
Favorite travel movie(s): Cinema Paradiso or Midnight in Paris
Favorite travel show(s): Amazing Race.
Right now I am reading: “Those Angry Days”—FDR, Lindbergh and the America’s Fight over WWII.
Favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: FlyerTalk, Conde Nast Traveler.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! CheapOair.com.
Five things you bring on a plane: iPad, extra phone battery, charger, current book I am reading (no ebooks!) and Discover and Scientific American magazines.
What do you always seem to forget? Umbrella.
What do you like least about travel? The wait at security and to pick up checked bags.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Vive Cliquot, can be bought at a lower price than home.
Favorite travel app(s): CheapOair’s mobile app.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Leaving for Australia and arriving at DFW without my passport.
Worst travel moment: Cancelled flights at DEN due to blizzard and having to stay in only hotel available – would not take my socks off in the room!
What’s your dream destination: Maldives and Bhutan.
Favorite travel charity: World Vision (you can donate livestock to help feed communities) or Soles4Souls.
Best travel tip: Always plan for delays—bring extra (snacks, downloads, shirt, socks and underwear) onboard.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.