Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Marla Meridith
Occupation: Lifestyle blogger
Hometown: Roslyn Heights, NY (Lawng Island)
Residence: Telluride, CO
College: Syracuse University
College major: Drinking, advertising, textile design
Facebook: Marla Meridith
Pinterest: Marla Meridith
Google+: Marla Meridith
YouTube: Marla Meridith
Short bio: Marla Meridith is an active luxury traveler who bases her experiences on the best ski peaks and her tastebuds.
How often do you fly? Way too often. It’s tricky to get out of Telluride, CO. It takes about three planes to get out of here. Sometimes I travel three times a month. Its variable though.
How many countries have you been to? I have a thing for the Alps. Whenever I can go, I do! Countries traveled to: Switzerland (like an addict) Italy, Canada, Greece, Jamaica, Mexico, England.
How many continents have you been to? Not as many as I would like. Australia, Canada, Europe as of now.
Earliest travel memory: Going to Devon, England very young to see my cousins.
Favorite American city: Telluride, CO.
Favorite international city: Vancouver.
Least favorite country: Not sure yet I have no desire to go to: War-ridden territories.
Friendliest people in the world: Telluride, CO.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Canada.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Telluride, CO.
Favorite airline: Swiss Air.
Favorite aircraft type: Big commercial ones or private.
Aisle or window: ONLY Aisle, I need to come & go as I please.
Favorite airport lounge: American Express Centurion Lounge at LGA.
Favorite U.S. airport: Denver. Always my hub & I feel closest to home.
Favorite international airport: So far Zurich.
Favorite hotel: So many! Love The Carlton Hotel in St. Moritz, Jumby Bay, Antigua & Enchantment in Sedona.
Favorite cruise line: Have not been on enough to know. I dream about any boutique voyage with Northrop Johnson.
Favorite travel credit card: LOVE my United Club Card. Don’t like the airline too much, but the only carrier I can take in this region. They have great international partners. I accrue miles quickly!
Favorite island: Antigua.
Favorite beach: Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Anything in Badrutt’s Palace, St Moritz, Switzerland.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Gosh, I love so many hole-in-the-wall restaurants and bars. The unmarked ones are the best.
Favorite bar: The Fumoir at Claridges in London.
Favorite fruit: Passionfruit & raspberries.
Favorite food: That cannot be answered. Way too many!
Least favorite food: Wilted veggies.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Sauvignon blanc. Pure lime margaritas.
Favorite travel movie(s): I can be swooned by most travel documentaries.
Favorite travel show(s): Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations.
Favorite travel book(s): I prefer big coffee table picture books without much reading.
Right now I am reading: Not reading, coloring in a coloring book.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Departures, Afar, Travel + Leisure.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Travel + Leisure.
Five things you bring on a plane: Bose noise-reduction head phones, Ambien, magazines, laptop, face-cleansing wipes (use these for yourself or to clean up your surroundings).
What do you always seem to forget? Tissues.
What do you like least about travel? Not enough club lounges with showers. Rocks my world to freshen up between flights.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Can’t stand Duty Free stores.
Favorite travel app(s): Hotel Tonight, great discounts on last-minute hotel reservations.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Flying right after a laser facial peel and looking rather unsightly (to myself at least).
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: Spain & Thailand.
Worst travel moment: Almost being refused to board a flight for a press trip because they were counting a purse the size of a wallet as a 2nd bag. They called over a “redcoat” to deal with me. Ugh.
What’s your dream destination? So many dreams! Any Aman Resort any country.
Favorite travel charity: Sharing miles with my friends & family.
Best travel tip: Drown out the sound as much as you can (with noise-reduction headphones). You might keep your sanity & get some sleep on an airplane.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.