Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Marti Hines
Occupation: CEO of the luxury concierge company WanderLuxxe that curates film festival experiences
Hometown: Homewood, IL
Residence: Los Angeles, CA
College: Hampton University
College major: Political Science
Facebook: Marti Hines
Pinterest: Marti Hines
Short bio: Marti Hines began her career as an event producer, working in Chicago with Hyatt Hotels, followed by a stint in Washington, DC, with the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center. This led to various event work with The White House, The Sundance Film Festival, Tribeca Film Festival, Film de Cannes, and The American Pavilion. Over the past decade Marti Hines has positioned herself as a standout independent event producer for filmmakers, celebrities and politicians. Marti has a B.A. in Political Science from Hampton University. In her spare time, Marti enjoys producing films. Her first producer role with the short film Stages premiered at the 2015 Palm Springs Film Festival to rave reviews. Marti recently finished her first feature, Die (Dee) Expats, which was shot on location in Berlin and was Hines’s directorial debut.
How often do you fly? At least four times a month.
How many countries have you been to? 13
How many continents have you been to? 4
Earliest travel memory: Traveling at the age of four to West Middlesex, PA, with my grandmother for her church campground meeting. I had my own little suitcase and felt like such a grown up. The travel bug bit me pretty early.
Favorite American city: New Orleans.
Favorite international city: Paris.
Least favorite country: Panama.
I have no desire to go to: Russia.
Friendliest people in the world: Guatemala.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Amsterdam, so mean!
Favorite World Heritage Site: Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin.
Favorite airline: American.
Favorite aircraft type: Boeing 777-300ER.
Aisle or window: Aisle and exit row.
Favorite U.S. airport: SFO.
Favorite international airport: GDG.
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons Maui.
Favorite cruise line: Royal Caribbean.
Favorite island: Turks and Caicos.
Favorite beach: Grace Bay Beach.
Favorite National Park: Zion in Utah.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Bistro de Paul Bert in Paris best steak frites!
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Chicago Oven Grinders and Pizza.
Favorite airport restaurant: Any place with wine flights.
Favorite bar: Bars and Books in Prague.
Favorite fruit: Peach.
Favorite food: Pasta.
Least favorite food: Salad.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): In the air champagne, on the ground champagne.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Holiday, Sleepless in Seattle, the film festival selections.
Favorite travel show(s): Sex and the City, Game of Thrones, Will and Grace.
Right now I am reading: “Negroland” by Margo Jefferson.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Pineapple, Suitcase, Cereal.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Anthony Bourdain’s explorepartsunknown.com.
5 things you bring on a plane: Eyemask, extended charger, iPad, Bohm headphones, socks.
What do you always seem to forget? My Bohm headphones!
What do you like least about travel? Layovers!
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Chloe Roses perfume.
Favorite travel app(s): HotelTonight, I am always traveling last-minute, great room rates.
Most embarrassing travel moment: I had been in four different cities in two days, when I was getting ready to go to my next gate I forgot where I was going and insisted to the gate agent that she was wrong and I was listed on her flight. Turns out I wasn’t lol.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: China.
Worst travel moment: Having a plane turn around two hours into the flight because of a leak.
What’s your dream destination? Vietnam.
Favorite travel charity: Barefoot.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.