Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Mary Lansing
Occupation: Lifestyle and Travel Blogger/Writer
Hometown: Los Angeles
Residence: Los Angeles
College: Fullerton College
College major: Theatre Arts/Stage Management
Facebook: Along Comes Mary
Pinterest: Mary Lansing
Google+: Along Came Mary
YouTube: I actually am much more active on Periscope (@maryfarquhar)
Short bio: Mary is a California native from Los Angeles. Writing her entire life, she was a late bloomer to the blogging world and launched her blog, Along Comes Mary, about four years ago. If she is not at home with her family in LA, you can find her traveling or working on a blog story!
How often do you fly? 2-5 times a year.
How many countries have you been to? Only the Good Ol’ US of A!
How many continents have you been to? Almost 10 USA states.
Earliest travel memory: Very cliche, but Disneyland.
Favorite American city: The San Francisco Bay Area or New York City.
Favorite international city: Ask me again after spring of next year!
Least favorite country: None.
I have no desire to go to: I really am fearing traveling to Italy. I am gluten-free, so how can I ask the Italians with a straight face if they have a wheat free pizza crust?!
Friendliest people in the world: The Angelinos (Los Angeles).
Favorite World Heritage Site: The Statue of Liberty literally took my breath away in a way that nothing else has since.
Favorite airline: Alaska Airlines or JetBlue.
Favorite aircraft type: 737.
Aisle or window: Window!
Favorite airport lounge: Southwest.
Favorite U.S. airport: Portland.
Favorite international airport: I cannot wait to get to Heathrow.
Favorite hotel: The Amber House Inn in Sacramento, California.
Favorite cruise line: I am afraid to be at sea!
Favorite travel credit card: American Express.
Favorite island: Hawaii.
Favorite beach: Pismo Beach, California.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Cafe 82, Upper West Side, NYC.
Favorite bar: The Good Luck Bar, Los Angeles, CA.
Favorite fruit: Mango.
Favorite food: Japanese and Mexican.
Least favorite food: Red meats.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Coffee or mimosa.
Favorite travel movie(s): They aren’t really ‘travel’ movies, but I LOVE the locations used for the Bourne films.
Favorite travel show(s): Huell Howser.
Favorite travel book(s): Anything by Frommer’s.
Right now I am reading: “This is the Sound of My Soul” by Melissa Reyes.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Huffington Post, Sunset and FWT Magazine.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Samantha Brown.
5 things you bring on a plane: Cell phone (duh), laptop, headphones, book and potato chips.
What do you always seem to forget? Chewing gum.
What do you like least about travel? Checking in at the airport.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Piggy nank.
Favorite travel app(s): Google Translate.
Most embarrassing travel moment: My friend piggy backing me through Grand Central Station because I couldn’t walk on a sprained knee!
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: The Grand Canyon.
Worst travel moment: Leaving my very first trip to NYC early due to said unbearable sprained knee.
What’s your dream destination? I would love to travel throughout India and make a Wes Andersen-esque home movie film.
Favorite travel charity: WWOOF (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms).
Best travel tip: Pack as light as possible, but really THINK about your must-haves as well as bring outfits you like and are comfy in. Another great tip I learned is: roll your clothes, you create much more room in your luggage. Also, remember you may have much more to bring home if you like to shop, like me!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.