Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Matt Long
Occupation: Travel blogger
Hometown: Washington, DC
Short Bio: A luxury adventure traveler at heart, Matt Long shares his experiences with thousands of readers every day through his highly successful travel blog, LandLopers.com. As someone who has a bad case of the travel bug, Matt travels the world in order to share tips on where to go, what to see and how to experience the best the world has to offer. Matt is a Washington, DC based travel writer/photographer and has been featured on many other web sites and publications including BBC Travel, CNN GO, Huffington Post and National Geographic Intelligent Travel.
How often do you fly: A lot
How many countries have you been to: 60+ and counting
How many continents have you been to: I just got back from Antarctica, so 7!
Favorite American city: Seattle
Favorite international city: No question, Paris
Least favorite country: Jamaica and I also really don’t like Athens, but the rest of Greece is lovely.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Wadi Rum Desert, Jordan
Favorite airline: Singapore Airlines or Emirates
Favorite aircraft type: 777-300ER
Aisle or window: Aisle, always aisle. I’m tall and depend on it
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin Atlantic’s Upper Class Clubhouse, London Heathrow
Favorite U.S. airport: Hometown favorite, DCA
Favorite international airport: Koh Samui, Thailand or any other open-air airport
Favorite hotel: I’m a Marriott guy but my favorite individual property is the Four Seasons Lodge at Koele. Ritz Carlton Tokyo is nice too.
Favorite cruise line: Celebrity, although I think I’d love Seabourn if I sailed them and Paul Gauguin Cruise Line is a dream trip
Favorite island: Lanai
Favorite fancy restaurant: El Celler de Can Roca in Girona, Spain
Favorite hole in the wall: Any pizza place in NYC
Favorite fruit: Banana
Favorite food: Lasagna
Least favorite food: Fish
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground) Diet Coke
Favorite travel movie(s): The Terminal
Favorite travel show(s): No Reservations
Favorite travel book(s): Blue Latitudes by Tony Horwitz
Right now I am reading: Empires of Light by Jill Jonnes
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines: AFAR, National Geographic Explorer, and Travel & Leisure
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!:
2. unbrave girl
Five things you bring on a plane: Eyemask, earplugs, disposable toothbrush, hand lotion and my iPad.
What do you always seem to forget: Stuff in case I get sick
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Chocolate!
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): TripIt, it’s been an absolute life-saver.
Worst travel moment: Having my identity stolen, along with all the money in my bank account, while traveling through the Middle East. What a nightmare!
What’s your dream destination? South Pacific – French Polynesia. I’ve wanted to go since I was a kid and I still haven’t been.
Favorite travel charity: Passports with Purpose
Best travel tip: Use local ATMs for the best exchange rates.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.