Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Matt Stabile
Occupation: Technical Recruiter
Residence: Brooklyn, NY
College: University of Connecticut
College major: Political Science
Facebook: The Expeditioner
Short bio: I founded TheExpeditioner.com in 2008, and it has grown into one of the largest independent travel blogs in the world, and regularly features high-quality travel content from freelance writers and contributing editors from all around the world. My YouTube videos have been viewed over 1.5 million times on YouTube. After graduating law school, I decided to start the site as an outlet for my travels while I practiced law.
How often do you fly? Maybe every couple of months.
How many countries have you been to? 30+
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: Roadtrips with my family across the United States.
Favorite American city: New York City.
Favorite international city: Buenos Aires.
Least favorite country: None?
I have no desire to go to: Greenland. It seems a bit cold there.
Friendliest people in the world: India.
Favorite airline: Cathay Pacific.
Favorite aircraft type: 777 Dreamliner.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite international airport: Kuala Lumpur.
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons Maui.
Favorite island: Redang, Malaysia.
Favorite beach: Tofo Beach, Mozambique.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): The local craft beer.
Favorite travel movie(s): Before Sunrise, The Motorcycle Diaries, Lawrence of Arabia.
Favorite travel show(s): No Reservations.
Favorite travel book(s): “The Sun Also Rises.”
Right now I am reading: “The Buried Giant” by Kazuo Ishiguro.
5 things you bring on a plane: The book I’m reading, hand sanitizer, Bose earphones, track jacket, and earplugs.
What do you always seem to forget? Batteries.
What do you like least about travel? Travel delays.
Favorite travel app(s): Google Maps and Yelp.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Arriving at the airport without my passport for an international trip (on the way to a travel blogging conference no less).
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: Berlin.
Worst travel moment: Getting malaria in Africa.
What’s your dream destination? East Africa.
Best travel tip: Try to meet as many people as you can during your travels. At the end of the day (and the trip), it will be the people you meet that you will remember the most.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.