Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Matt Stabile
Occupation: Technical Recruiter
Residence: Brooklyn, NY
College: University of Connecticut
College major: Political Science
Facebook: The Expeditioner
Short bio: I founded TheExpeditioner.com in 2008, and it has grown into one of the largest independent travel blogs in the world, and regularly features high-quality travel content from freelance writers and contributing editors from all around the world. My YouTube videos have been viewed over 1.5 million times on YouTube. After graduating law school, I decided to start the site as an outlet for my travels while I practiced law.
How often do you fly? Maybe every couple of months.
How many countries have you been to? 30+
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: Roadtrips with my family across the United States.
Favorite American city: New York City.
Favorite international city: Buenos Aires.
Least favorite country: None?
I have no desire to go to: Greenland. It seems a bit cold there.
Friendliest people in the world: India.
Favorite airline: Cathay Pacific.
Favorite aircraft type: 777 Dreamliner.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite international airport: Kuala Lumpur.
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons Maui.
Favorite island: Redang, Malaysia.
Favorite beach: Tofo Beach, Mozambique.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): The local craft beer.
Favorite travel movie(s): Before Sunrise, The Motorcycle Diaries, Lawrence of Arabia.
Favorite travel show(s): No Reservations.
Favorite travel book(s): “The Sun Also Rises.”
Right now I am reading: “The Buried Giant” by Kazuo Ishiguro.
5 things you bring on a plane: The book I’m reading, hand sanitizer, Bose earphones, track jacket, and earplugs.
What do you always seem to forget? Batteries.
What do you like least about travel? Travel delays.
Favorite travel app(s): Google Maps and Yelp.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Arriving at the airport without my passport for an international trip (on the way to a travel blogging conference no less).
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: Berlin.
Worst travel moment: Getting malaria in Africa.
What’s your dream destination? East Africa.
Best travel tip: Try to meet as many people as you can during your travels. At the end of the day (and the trip), it will be the people you meet that you will remember the most.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.