Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Max Hartshorne
Occupation: Editor, GoNOMAD.com
Hometown: Blawenburg, NJ
Residence: South Deerfield MA
Short Bio: Max is the editor of GoNOMAD.com, and takes great delight in publishing hundreds of travel articles by talented writers from around the world, every day. We provide inspiration and links to plan your trip.
How often do you fly: One time a month.
How many countries have you been to: 39
How many continents have you been to: Not enough
Favorite American city: New York City
Favorite international city: Paris
Least favorite country: Zaire
Favorite World Heritage Site: Greenland
Favorite airline: Qatar Airways
Favorite aircraft type: 777
Aisle or window: Aisle always!
Favorite U.S. airport: JFK Qatar
Favorite international airport: Singapore
Favorite hotel: JW Marriott
Favorite cruise line: Casco Bay Lines, Maine
Favorite island: Nantucket
Favorite fancy restaurant: Per Se
Favorite hole in the wall: Jerry’s Place, South Deerfield MA
Favorite fruit: Pineapple
Favorite food: Chicken
Least favorite food: Capers
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground) White Wine
Favorite travel movie(s): The Tourist
Favorite travel show(s): No Reservations
Favorite travel book(s): Jeffrey Taylor
Right now I am reading: Travels in Siberia, Ian Frazier
Five things you bring on a plane: iPhone, headphones, my latest book, laptop, neckpillow
What do you always seem to forget: That neck pillow
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Google maps
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: When we missed our flight home in Paris because we were trying to save $30 on taxes and it cost us $200 and an overnight!
What’s your dream destination: Vietnam
Best travel tip: Bring a surge protector, bring the currency of the country, be a good tipper even though you don’t have to!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.