Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Michael Stone
Occupation: Travel, Tourism and Management Consultant
Hometown: Meriden, Connecticut
Residence: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Short Bio: Experienced business, travel and tourism professional with a deep love and interest in travel, people, places, cultures, history, art, food and beverage.
How often do you fly: as often as I can – not to fly but to get somewhere
How many countries have you been to: 49 and all 50 States plus Puerto Rico
How many continents have you been to: 5
Favorite American city: San Francisco
Favorite international city: Venice
Least favorite country: Disneyworld
Favorite World Heritage Site: The Amazon
Favorite airline: Pan Am – in the beginning
Favorite aircraft type: Any one with a good pilot
Aisle or window: Window
Favorite airport lounge: no favorites
Favorite U.S. airport: no favorites
Favorite international airport: Amsterdam
Favorite hotel: The one I am going to
Do you unpack into the dresser/closet? Or live out of your suitcase? Usually, I unpack.
Favorite cruise line: any small ship – the smaller the better
Favorite island: Still searching for it
Favorite fancy restaurant: I have one in every city and destination I travel to
Favorite hole in the wall: I have one in every city I travel to
Favorite fruit: Pomegranate
Favorite food: In general – Italian – followed by whatever is local wherever I am
Least favorite food: Processed and Fast Foods
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground) Campari
Favorite travel movie(s): The Man Who Would Be King
Favorite travel show(s): Discovery Channel
Favorite travel book(s): Michelin Travel Guides
Right now I am reading: Out of Our Minds by Ken Robinson
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Food and Wine;
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Google
Five things you bring on a plane: Laptop; Cell Phone; Power cord; Rollaboard; Knapsack
What do you always seem to forget: To pack less
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Nothing, I prefer giving gifts rather than getting them
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Don’t use an iPhone – but favorite phone app is Google Search and Google Maps
Most embarrassing travel moment: Waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and found myself in the hotel hallway in my underwear with room door closed and locked behind me
Worst travel moment: Finding myself on the wrong plane
What’s your dream destination: African Safari
Favorite travel charity: Tourism Cares
Best travel tip: Roll your clothes, pack light, then pack lighter
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.