Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Michael Symon
College: Culinary Institute of America
College major: Culinary
Facebook: Michael D. Symon
Short bio: Owner of Lola, Lolita, BSpot, Bar Symon, Roast, Symons Burger Joint, Mabel’s
How often do you fly? Weekly.
How many countries have you been to? 20ish.
How many continents have you been to? Most.
Favorite American city: Los Angeles.
Favorite international city: Santorini.
Least favorite country: Love them all.
Friendliest people in the world: Cleveland.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: If you’re nice they are nice…that’s how life works.
Favorite airline: Lufthansa.
Favorite aircraft type: Big.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite travel credit card: Amex.
Favorite island: Santorini.
Favorite beach: Mykonos.
Favorite fruit: Watermelon.
Favorite food: Pork.
Least favorite food: Raspberries.
Right now I am reading: Keith Richards’ biography.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Food and Wine, Saveur, Architectural Digest.
5 things you bring on a plane: Toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, head phones, fresh socks.
What do you always seem to forget? Q-tips.
What do you like least about travel? Lack of space.
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: China.
Worst travel moment: Two-day layover in Cincinnati due to blizzard…I live in Cleveland and couldn’t drive or fly…total shutdown.
Best travel tip: Carry on your toothbrush and toothpaste.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.