Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Nancy Barkley
Occupation: Owner, Honeymoons and Get-A-Ways
Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Residence: Montgomery, PA
College major: Business
Bio: Nancy Barkley is a professional travel agent with 23 years travel industry experience. She founded Honeymoons and Get-A-Ways in 2005. Her mission is to travel the world and discover the perfect destinations for her clients. She also shares her travel knowledge at travel industry events, and is a contributor to travel magazines and travel websites. Nancy has built an excellent reputation in the travel community based on her personalized service, attention to detail, and sincere dedication to her clients.
How often do you fly: Often, monthly.
How many countries have you been to? 30
How many continents have you been to? 4
Favorite American city: San Francisco.
Favorite international city: London.
Least favorite country: None.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: I have not come across any yet.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Historic Centre of Morelia, Mexico.
Favorite airline: British Airways.
Favorite aircraft type: Boeing 747.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: I mostly fly economy but on the occasions I have flown Business or First, I like the Executive Lounge at London Heathrow.
Favorite U.S. airport: DEN.
Favorite international airport: LHR.
Favorite hotel: Cap Juluca, Anquilla.
Favorite cruise line: I am not really a cruise fan but recently had the opportunity to sail on private yacht in Turkey, which was quite nice.
Favorite travel credit card: Bank of America Travel Rewards Card.
Favorite beach: Maroma, Mexico.
Favorite fancy restaurant: L’Espadon.
Favorite hole in the wall: Rasta Bar in Cozumel.
Favorite fruit: Papaya.
Favorite food: Philly Cheese Steak (Jim’s on South).
Least favorite food: Liver.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Red wine, red wine, and red wine.
Favorite travel movie(s): Airplane! I am serious and don’t call me Shirley.
Favorite travel show(s): No Reservations.
Favorite travel book(s): “DK Eyewitness.”
Right now I am reading: “Gone” by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: National Geographic, Travel Weekly, Huffington Post.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! National Geographic Traveler and Frommers.
5 things you bring on a plane: Water, a good book, snacks, music, and travel pillow.
What do you always seem to forget? I have packing down and keep a list by suitcase so am good about not forgetting anything.
What do you like least about travel? Flight delays.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty-free store? Perfume.
Favorite travel app(s): Skype.
Most embarrassing travel moment: On a recent trip to Italy my doctor prescribed Ambien for me as I don’t sleep on planes. Apparently, I drooled my way across the Atlantic.
Worst travel moment: I became very ill while in Argentina, medical staff came to my hotel room rather than transporting me to hospital, took a solid week to recover.
What’s your dream destination: Safari in Africa.
Favorite travel charity: Tourism Cares.
Best travel tip: Always travel with humility, a spirit of adventure, and respect for other country’s culture and customs. Always, always, use a good travel agent!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.