Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Naren Shaam
Occupation: Founder, GoEuro.com
Hometown: Bangalore, India
Residence: Berlin, Germany
Short Bio: I was born in India and educated in the US, where I worked as a Global Product Manager managing multimillion dollar accounts in the auto industry before getting my MBA from Harvard. After getting my business degree, I worked in finance in New York.
In April 2012, I moved to Berlin and founded an innovative travel search called GoEuro. It is one of the most innovative start-ups in Berlin, with over $4M in seed financing from top tier VCs such as Battery Ventures and Hasso Plattner Ventures, and industry leaders Dave Baggett (Founder of ITA Software) and other airline and travel executives from around the world. I enjoy interacting with young start-ups that are based in Berlin and I am an expert in strategy, amortization, and fund raising.
I enjoy the sun, but miss it here in Berlin. I also like to pencil sketch and play outdoor basketball.
How often do you fly: At least twice a month
How many countries have you been to: Lost count at 43
How many continents have you been to: 4
Favorite American city: New York City
Favorite international city: Rome, Havana is a close second
Least favorite country: Costa Rica
Favorite World Heritage Site:
Favorite airline: Emirates
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite U.S. airport: Boston Logan
Favorite international airport: Berlin TXL
Favorite hotel: W
Do you unpack into the dresser/closet? Or live out of your suitcase? Suitcase
Favorite beach: Anywhere south of France
Favorite fruit: Watermelon
Favorite food: Dosa
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Coke or wine
Right now I am reading: Capital by John Lanchester
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Tnooz
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Kayak.com
Five things you bring on a plane: Eye mask, ear phones, book, work notes, laptop
What do you always seem to forget: Water bottle
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Chocolate
What’s your dream destination: Safari in South Africa
Best travel tip: Trains and buses are a better way to experience local life and culture than airplanes!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.