Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Neel Mullick
Occupation: Writer/Head of Product and Information Security living and working in three continents/Philanthropist working with four women-led NGOs in as many continents
Hometown: New Delhi
Residence: Hmmm…New Delhi but constantly on the move between NYC, Brussels and New Delhi
College: Carnegie Mellon
College major: Computer Science
Facebook: Neel Mullick
YouTube: Neel Mullick
Short bio: Geek turned storyteller! Short enough? Here’s more if you’d like…
Neel is author of the new novel, “Dark Blossom,” and sponsor of the travel contest WinTrip2NY.com (or anywhere else in the world!). With degrees in Software Engineering from Carnegie Mellon, and Business Administration from INSEAD, France, Neel heads product and information security at a Belgian family-office technology company. He also works with and supports four women-led non-profits across as many continents and mentors women entrepreneurs globally. He lives on three continents, spending his time between New York, Brussels and New Delhi, has survived ten days (and nights!) at an airport, and a free fall five-hundred metres from the sky.
How many countries have you been to? Between forty and fifty.
How many continents have you been to? All seven, including Antarctica!
Favorite American city: New York City!
Favorite international city: Barcelona.
Friendliest people in the world: South America.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Immigration officers and mean, never! Or perhaps I’ve just been very lucky. To substantiate my claim, once in 2013 I was allowed into a country without a visa!
Favorite World Heritage Site: Machu Picchu.
Favorite airline: Virgin Atlantic.
Aisle or window: Aisle, unless taking off from an airport next to water.
Favorite airport lounge: I like the energy of airports, after security clearance of course, so I’m happier hanging outside of lounges. I have once spent ten days (and nights!) at an airport, by choice!
Favorite U.S. airport: Hawaii.
Favorite international airport: Ushuaia and Galapagos.
Favorite hotel: Aman.
Favorite travel credit card: Bank of America, Travel Rewards. No membership or currency exchange fees. And reasonably generous travel points to boot!
Favorite island: Galapagos.
Favorite beach: Varca, Goa, India. Run there barefeet for miles and you’ll know what I mean!
Favorite National Park: Montana Glacier National Park.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Almost any hole-in-the-wall pizza place in Rome, Italy.
Favorite bar: Angel’s Share, East Village, NYC.
Favorite fruit: Mangoes.
Favorite food: Tacos…no paella…no lasagna…growl…all of it :)
Least favorite food: Popcorn, please don’t judge ;)
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Skinny caramel macchiato on the ground.
Favorite travel movie(s): Mad Max: Fury Road and Deadpool.
Favorite travel show(s): Modern Family.
Right now I am reading: “The Story of Philosophy” by Will Durant.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Expedia and Travelocity. For the rest, I end up relying on locals!
5 things you bring on a plane: Light jacket, water, a book to read, nutty snacks, and my own earphones.
What do you always seem to forget? Hmm…I can’t seem to remember!
What do you like least about travel? Jetlag!
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Chocolates, always! Belgian preferably :)
Favorite travel app(s): Google Translate.
Most embarrassing travel moment: When I was strip-searched because I ended up eyeballing the wrong person for a little longer than I should have! Won’t say when or where.
What’s your dream destination? Greece but waiting for that special someone to go with!
Best travel tip: Don’t be afraid to get local, like really into it. And hydrate!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.