Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Nigel Page
Occupation: Senior Vice President Commercial Operations Emirates
Hometown: Wokingham, England
Residence: Dubai, U.A.E.
Facebook: Nigel Page
Short Bio: 19 years with Emirates and 24 years with British Airways covering the Americas, Europe, Africa and parts of the Far East whilst based in London, New York, Dubai, Bangkok, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Entebbe, Toronto, Nairobi and Johannesburg.
How often do you fly: Now about twice a month on longhaul, although at one time I did 22 longhaul trips in one year.
How many countries have you been to: At least 100
How many continents have you been to: All
Favorite American city: New York
Favorite international city: London
Least favorite country: None, even difficult places have their upsides
Favorite World Heritage Site: The Great Barrier Reef
Favorite airline: Emirates and Singapore Airlines
Favorite aircraft type: Boeing 777
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: Emirates at JFK and Virgin at LHR
Favorite U.S. airport: Jacksonville, Starbucks, rocking chairs and a jazz pianist…how cool is that!
Favorite international airport: Dubai
Favorite hotel: St Geran, Mauritius
Favorite cruise line: Celebrity and Cunard
Favorite island: Mauritius
Favorite fancy restaurant: Daniel in New York
Favorite hole in the wall: P.J.Clarkes in New York
Favorite fruit: Grapefruit
Favorite food: Steak at Palm Too, New York
Least favorite food: None, which is why I am overweight!
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground) Jack and Ginger
Favorite travel movie(s): Trains, Planes and automobiles
Favorite travel show(s): Top Gear in Vietnam
Favorite travel book(s): Lonely Planet
Right now I am reading: All Hell Broke Loose by Max Hastings
Five things you bring on a plane: Laptop, Blackberry, ear plugs, a good book and my passport.
What do you always seem to forget: I don’t normally forget anything.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Jack Daniels
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): I don’t have an i-Phone
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Prolonged delays on 50 seats jets. The seats are cramped and miserable.
What’s your dream destination: Bora Bora
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Joesentme.com
Best travel tip: Always take extra underwear, socks and a shirt just in case you are delayed or have to extend your trip.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.