Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Patti Londre
Occupation: Food and Travel Practitioner – blogger at Worth the Whisk and producer of Camp Blogaway
Hometown: Los Angeles
Residence: Playa Vista, CA
Short Bio: A longtime food professional and award-winning public relations practitioner, now a passionate blogger on food, travel and lifestyle at www.WorthTheWhisk.com. Also producer of Camp Blogaway – The Original Bootcamp for Food and Recipe Bloggers.
How often do you fly: Just once a month
How many countries have you been to: 72, by last count
How many continents have you been to: All of them
Favorite American city: NYC
Favorite travel food memory: A pizza at Lou Pescadou’s Papeete, it was the first time I had pizza with an egg on top.
Favorite international city: Paris
Least favorite country: Mexico
Favorite World Heritage Site: Serengeti National Park
Favorite airline: American Airlines, only because I have gold status
Favorite aircraft type: 777 if first class, otherwise, as long as it has video at the seat, I am OK.
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: Any one that lets me in with my Admiral’s Club. Seriously I am not picky. Give me a chunk of cheese, Wi-Fi and a comfy chair, I’m good.
Favorite U.S. airport: Long Beach, CA – so tiny and convenient
Favorite international airport: Amsterdam Schiphol
Favorite hotel: Hotel de Crillon
Favorite cruise line: Regent
Favorite island: Aitutaki
Favorite hole in the wall: Noodle Planet, Westwood
Favorite fruit: Peaches straight off the tree
Favorite food: Pho
Least favorite food: Eggplant
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Practically any red wine
Favorite travel show(s): No Reservations
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Just yours.
Five things you bring on a plane: Homemade cheese sandwiches, iPad, Needlepoint, Chocolate, Emergen-C
What do you always seem to forget: Toothpaste
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store?: Chocolate
Worst travel moment: I broke my arm in New York, traveling solo, had to arrange for surgery while there, then travel home with bolts and pins in my arm. Husband’s job at home (besides worry)? Get me a haircut appointment pronto.
Best travel tip: Hot air balloon in any country it’s available. Just awesome.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.