Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers on useful resources, favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Peggy M. Goldman
Occupation: Tour Operator & Company President
Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Residence: Elkins Park, PA (suburb of Philadelphia)
Short Bio: Peggy Goldman is a specialty tour operator and travel expert, who co-owns and operates Friendly Planet Travel, a leading online travel company specializing in exceptional tour deals to exotic destinations at affordable prices. Goldman has spent her life traveling around the world, and more than 30 of those years have been dedicated to arranging high-quality, affordable vacation packages. An industry expert who originally founded her business in 1981, Goldman feels strongly about supporting projects throughout Friendly Planet’s destinations abroad, and she is an active lender, together with a dedicated Friendly Planet team of 245 members, in KIVA, the international micro-lending organization. In addition to offering expert, high value-for-money travel arrangements for groups and individuals, Friendly Planet is among a select group of tour operators who have been granted a People to People license for Cuba. Goldman is IATAN and ARC accredited and is also a member of the American Society of Travel Agents, International Airlines Agent Network, International Air Travel Association, and Cruise Lines International Association.
How often do you fly: About 6 times a year
How many countries have you been to: 30
How many continents have you been to: 4
Favorite American city: New York City
Least favorite country: South Korea
Favorite World Heritage Site: Taj Mahal
Favorite airline: Emirates
Favorite aircraft type: Airbus
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: Emirates at JFK
Favorite U.S. airport: Denver
Favorite international airport: Beijing
Favorite hotel: Rambagh Palace (in Jaipur)
Favorite island: Easter Island
Favorite fruit: Vietnamese pineapple
Favorite food: French fries
Least favorite food: Organ meats & live baby octopus
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground) Dry white wine
Favorite travel book(s): Lonely Planet
Right now I am reading: Two books about North Korea (The Orphan Master’s Son, Nothing to Envy) and two books set in India (A Fine Balance, Family Matters)
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines: Condé NastTraveler, National Geographic Traveler, Budget Travel Magazine
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: TripAdvisor, The Huffington Post
Five things you bring on a plane: Ricola lemon mint drops (sugarless), tissues, my iPad loaded with books, lip gloss, a magazine or newspaper (for when taking off or landing)
What do you always seem to forget: Mouthwash and an extra pair of glasses
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Jewelry, what else?
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Flight+
What’s your dream destination: Australia
Favorite travel charity: Trailblazer Foundation
Best travel tip: Smile, smile, smile as you go, and remember that the enemy of very good is excellent. Flexibility and willingness to overlook small things will assure a wonderful experience in any destination.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.