Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Peter Shankman
Occupation: Entrepreneur, CEO, World Traveler, Skydiver, Ironman, Adventurist
Hometown: New York City, Baby!
Pinterest: You couldn’t pay me enough.
Bio: I’m what happens when you harness the power of ADHD for good.
How often do you fly? 3-4x per week.
How many countries have you been to? 41
How many continents have you been to? 6
Favorite American city? New York
Favorite international city? Bangkok
Least favorite country? They’re all wonderful in their own way
Favorite airline? United
Favorite aircraft type? 787 for travel, Otter for jumping out of
Aisle or window? Aisle
Favorite airport lounge? United Club next to Gate 76, EWR
Favorite U.S. airport? EWR
Favorite international airport? Inchon, South Korea
Favorite hotel? Starwood, but slowly becoming a Kimpton loyalist
Favorite cruise line? Can’t cruise. Get bored way too fast.
Favorite island? Phuket (and Manhattan, of course…)
Favorite fancy restaurant? Anything my wife makes me put on a tie for.
Favorite hole in the wall? Ta Cocina, 49th and 9th, NYC
Favorite travel movie(s): Up in the Air
Favorite travel show(s): Johnny Jet’s! (But really, who has time to watch TV?)
Favorite travel book(s): Any language guide
Five things you bring on a plane? Laptop, iPod, Skull Candy headphones, charger, antibacterial wipes
What do you always seem to forget? Sunglasses, dammit!
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): United App (for the DROID, thank you.)
Favorite travel book(s): You can’t win – The Autobiography of Jack Black
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Whenever I’m on a RJ135, I will ALWAYS bang my head when I stand up.
What’s your dream destination? Anywhere with a dropzone over a beach
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Google News – You can never be too up on what’s going on.
Best travel tip: For Pete’s sake – SMILE! It goes a hell of a long way.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.