Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Rachel Sales
Occupation: Co-Founder of Pink Pangea, the community for women travelers
Hometown: New York City
Residence: Tel Aviv
College: Columbia University
College major: English Literature and Creative Writing
Facebook: Pink Pangea
Pinterest: Pink Pangea
Short bio: Rachel Sales is the co-founder and editor of Pink Pangea, the community for women travelers. Before launching Pink Pangea, Rachel lived in New York and worked in tourism. Rachel holds a B.A. in English literature and an M.F.A. in creative writing from Columbia University. Rachel currently lives in Tel Aviv, Israel with her husband, Ben.
Languages spoken: English, Hebrew.
How often do you fly? Six times a year.
Earliest travel memory: Waking up in the middle of the night while camping out with my family in Iceland in order to feed my Tamagotchi.
Favorite American city: New York City.
Favorite international city: Tel Aviv.
Favorite airline: Aerosvit—until they went out of business. Oh well!
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite U.S. airport: JFK.
Favorite international airport: Charles De Gaulle—I love putting on all the free makeup!
Favorite beach: Jaco, Costa Rica.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Lula by Darna in Panama City.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: 24 Rupee in Tel Aviv.
Favorite bar: Russian Samovar in Manhattan.
Favorite fruit: Persimmon.
Favorite food: Lox and bagels.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Coke Zero.
Favorite travel book(s): “The Good Girl’s Guide to Getting Lost” by Rachel Friedman.
Right now I am reading: “Little Failure” by Gary Shteyngart.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: PinkPangea.com, LonelyPlanet.com, Journeywoman.com.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! PinkPangea.com.
5 things you bring on a plane: iPhone, headphones, sweatshirt, book, magazine.
What do you like least about travel? Having to go home eventually!
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Perfume.
Favorite travel app(s): Google Maps.
Worst travel moment: Getting food poisoning on my honeymoon!
What’s your dream destination? Riga, Latvia.
Best travel tip: Let go and enjoy! It’s all an adventure!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.