Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Occupation: I’m lucky enough to work for an incentive company planning great incentive trips for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition, I run ZipSetGo.com with a great team where we share 20 years of travel experience with travel planners and enthusiasts that want to plan travel fast.
Hometown: Findlay, Ohio
Residence: A downtown loft in the Gem City.
Short Bio: Rachel is a travel professional and enthusiast. She organizes #TNI – the original travel chat on twitter and has a passion for vegan eating. You can read more about her travels on ZipSetGo.com, a website that helps travelers plan travel fast.
How often do you fly: Not often enough certainly! I go on about 4 to 5 big trips a year.
How many countries have you been to: 15 or so now, 30 by 30?
How many continents have you been to: Four
Favorite American city: I adore San Francisco and Boston, but Chicago will always be my favorite.
Favorite international city: Florence, Italy
Least favorite country: El Salvador because of the government, not the people.
Favorite World Heritage Site: The Grand Canyon
Favorite airline: Delta
Favorite aircraft type: Corporate Jet – I know it’s an indulgence but there is really no competing with it!
Aisle or window: Window, I’m fond of napping until the wheels touch down.
Favorite airport lounge: I’m content with wifi and a coffee.
Favorite U.S. airport: DAY, my home airport, for the pure convenience.
Favorite international airport: Quito, Ecuador has quite an interesting airport, you land between mountains – it adds some excitement to the flight.
Favorite hotel: Picking just one property is tough – I love hotels. The Four Seasons, Costa Rica for a resort, Four Seasons Sydney, Australia for a city hotel. The Grand Velas properties in Mexico are all inclusive and really amazing as well.
Favorite cruise line: I’ve only been on one cruise, whose identity shall remain unnamed because my experience was pretty dismal. I would love to try a river cruise though.
Favorite island: St. John, USVI. It’s relatively easy to get to from the East coast and the views and beaches with crystal clear water are unmatched.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Karen’s on Green, Chicago, Illinois.
Favorite hole in the wall: Lucky’s – just a few blocks from my apartment.
Favorite fruit: Fresh Pineapple in Costa Rica
Favorite food: Italian/Thai/Indian
Least favorite food: Meat/Dairy/Eggs
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Red Wine
Favorite travel movie(s): Paris, je t’aime, Amelie, and recently Midnight in Paris. Paris is such a magical setting, and so very photogenic.
Favorite travel show(s): I watch House Hunters International occasionally to dream about buying flats in exotic locations once I earn my millions. I also think I could win The Amazing Race with the right partner.
Favorite travel book(s): Dubliners by James Joyce and The Agony and the Ecstasy by Irving Stone are my two favorites.
Right now I am reading: I tend to read several things at once; just finished Outliers by Gladwell, and I’m in the middle of Anna Karenina by Tolstoy.
Five things you bring on a plane: Everything, I really try not to check any bags. I must admit I get my best reading done on planes, and always make sure to bring a large scarf that doubles as a blanket.
What do you always seem to forget: My phone charger – every time.
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): I have a blackberry, Verizon doesn’t have an international iPhone, so I just have the basic social apps like Facebook and twitter.
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Extreme altitude sickness on a public bus in Breckenridge…
What’s your dream destination: An African safari.
Best travel tip: Always take the first flight out, and remember that no one talks about the night they got a good night’s sleep.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.