Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Regitse Cecillie Rosenvinge
Occupation: Luxury lifestyle writer, traveler, jewellery designer
Hometown: Gilleleje, Denmark (Scandinavia)
Residence: Copenhagen, Denmark
Google+: Regitse Cecillie Rosenvinge
Short bio: 26-year-old frequent traveler, freelance writer and luxury aficionado! I’m currently based in beautiful Copenhagen, but have lived in Portugal, Switzerland and Belgium. My dream is to share the good life and luxurious details of traveling—follow the adventures on my blog!
How often do you fly? As often as possible! Currently 3-4 times a month!
How many countries have you been to? 28
How many continents have you been to? 3
Earliest travel memory: Venice ’92 with my family.
Favorite American city: San Francisco.
Favorite international city: Rome.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Rome is always a stunner and several other places in Italy as well.
Aisle or window: Window for sure!
Favorite airport lounge: The one we have in Copenhagen is quite good.
Favorite international airport: Schiphol in Amsterdam
Favorite hotel: There are so many amazing hotels, but I will always be in love with Hotel de Russie in Rome and Hotel Four Seasons in Geneva.
Favorite island: Sicilia and Corsica.
Favorite beach: The entire coastal line of Portugal is amazing, especially around Cascais and Estoril.
Favorite fancy restaurant: We have some seriously nice ones in Copenhagen, which has grown to be a real foodie capital over the past years.
Favorite bar: Harry’s Bar in Montreux, Switzerland.
Favorite fruit: Passionfruit and grapefruit.
Favorite food: Seafood and risotto.
Least favorite food: Anything too fried and anything containing coriander (cilantro).
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Singapore Sling, white wine and plain water.
Favorite travel movie(s): A Roman Holiday and The Talented Mr. Ripley.
Favorite travel book(s): “The Beach” by Alex Garland.
Right now I am reading: Condé Nast Traveler and several luxury travel articles.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Condé Nast and Lonely Planet.
5 things you bring on a plane: A bottle of water, a facial mist to keep my skin hydrated, a hand cream and a book or a magazine.
What do you always seem to forget? My hand cream (!) and a snack for the trip.
What do you like least about travel? While I love most aspects of traveling (it’s the journey itself—not the destination!), I would love to avoid standing in lines and checking in. It’s somewhat of a dreary process, especially if you do it on a regular basis!
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? I usually buy it myself, however, a quality perfume or skin care product is always nice.
Favorite travel app(s): I’m quite fond of Foursquare. It’s simple yet genius!
Most embarrassing travel moment: Honestly, I can’t remember! But I’m sure something will come to mind when I think hard enough…
Worst travel moment: There’s a couple of ‘em. One time I was on my way to explore the pretty little town of Frascati just outside of Rome. They produce the best wine there and I was super excited to go! However, it started raining a bit when the train rolled out of the station and 5 minutes later it was pouring so much (for the rest of the day!) that I had no option but to stay inside the train station. The streets were deserted and there were no taxi drivers in sight. I got to know that station pretty well though…
What’s your dream destination? For the moment I’m dreaming about Miami, Singapore and Marrakech.
Best travel tip: Pack smart, wear comfortable yet chic clothes and be prepared.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.