Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Ruzwana Bashir
Occupation: Founder and CEO of Peek.com
Residence: San Francisco
Short Bio: Ruzwana Bashir is Founder and CEO of Peek.com, the one-stop-shop to discover and book amazing activities. Whether it’s discovering an underground art scene, swimming with sharks or heading to a film festival, Peek connects people with everyday adventures that create lasting memories. Hidden gems come from “Perfect Day” itineraries from tastemakers such as Tory Burch, Wolfgang Puck, Diane von Furstenberg and Adrian Grenier.
How often do you fly: Three times a month.
How many countries have you been to: 40
How many continents have you been to: 5
Favorite American city: New York
Favorite international city: Istanbul
Least favorite city: Brussels
Favorite World Heritage Site: Sukhothai, Thailand
Favorite aircraft type: Don’t care as long as it gets me there!
Aisle or window: Window
Favorite airport lounge: I always arrive at the airport in the nick of time so no lounge-hopping for me!
Favorite U.S. airport: SFO
Favorite international airport: London Heathrow
Favorite hotel: Gramercy Park Hotel
Do you unpack into the dresser/closet? Or live out of your suitcase? Live out of the suitcase.
Favorite cruise line: Never been on a cruise.
Favorite island: Zanzibar
Favorite fancy restaurant: The French Laundry in Napa Valley
Favorite hole in the wall: Ben’s Cookies in London
Favorite fruit: Mango
Favorite food: Sushi
Least favorite food: Red meat
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Tea
Favorite travel movie(s): Midnight in Paris
Favorite travel show(s): Don’t watch television
Favorite travel book(s): The Road to Oxiana by Robert Byron.
Right now I am reading: The New Digital Age by Jared Cohen and Eric Schmidt
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs:
- The Perrin Post
- Travel + Leisure
- National Geographic
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: www.peek.com
Five things you bring on a plane:
- Cashmere blanket. Airplanes are always freezing, so this provides a respite from the cold air.
- Laptop. I take advantage of the lack of distractions to get some work done (and end up being my most productive).
- Josie Maran Argan Oil. To combat the inevitable dehydration.
- Smythson Travel Wallet. Perfect for your passport (necessary for a Brit!) and boarding pass.
- Neck pillow and eye mask: I often take red eyes so these end up being lifesavers.
What do you always seem to forget: My toothbrush
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? A box of Maltesers.
Favorite travel app(s): Peek
Most embarrassing travel moment: Being exhausted on a flight and repeatedly falling asleep onto someone who couldn’t have been less happy about it.
Worst travel moment: Arriving in Tehran with little cash, and realizing that I couldn’t withdraw money from the ATMs and that my Western credit cards wouldn’t work there.
What’s your dream destination: The Okavanga Delta in Botswana for a safari.
Favorite travel charity: Charity Water
Best travel tip: Take redeyes. They’re not much fun, but you will appreciate all the time you’re saving! Eat well beforehand and don’t get lured in by the movies. If it’s a six-hour flight or shorter, try to get an early check-in at your hotel and take a nap before starting the day.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.