Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Scott Eddy
Occupation: Digital Marketing Consultant and Public Speaker
Hometown: Born in Owosso, Michigan, raised in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Residence: Airports and hotels, been traveling full-time for four years. Right now between trips I am based in South Florida.
Facebook: Scott Eddy
Pinterest: Scott Eddy
Google+: Useless lol
Short bio: My father was a Fort Lauderdale police officer, I was going to be a cop also, but he was killed in the line of duty three weeks before I graduated high school. So I became a stockbroker, did that for 10 years. Moved overseas in 1999, lived overseas for 17 years. Now, I have no home hahahaha.
How often do you fly? 2-3 times per month.
How many countries have you been to? 49
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: My mother was born in Jamaica, so by the time I was 13/14, I had already visited every island in the Caribbean.
Favorite American city: New York/Miami.
Favorite international city: Bangkok/Barcelona.
Least favorite country: I think every country has their own personality, I have liked most places, but I lived in Manila for a year, that is not an easy place to live. But the Philippines is a beautiful country.
I have no desire to go to: I would never have a list like this, I want to go everywhere.
Friendliest people in the world: Thai.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: USA.
Favorite airline: Singapore Airlines.
Aisle or window: Window, I like to take pictures lol.
Favorite airport lounge: Thai Airways Royal First Class Lounge & Spa at BKK.
Favorite U.S. airport: SFO and FLL, both super easy and convenient.
Favorite international airport: BKK or SIN.
Favorite hotel: Mandarin Oriental Bangkok or Four Seasons Chiang Mai.
Favorite cruise line: Azamara.
Favorite travel credit card: I don’t use credit cards often, I was taught to spend what you have growing up, so I keep that in mind.
Favorite island: Koh Tao, Thailand.
Favorite beach: Formentara, Spain.
Favorite National Park: Yosemite.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Gotham in NYC.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Café Prima Pasta in Miami Beach.
Favorite bar: Nightjar in London, Employees Only in NYC.
Favorite fruit: Mango.
Favorite food: Thai.
Least favorite food: Chinese.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): rum and coke.
Favorite travel movie(s): I either binge-watch a sitcom like Friends or Big Bang Theory or watch something like James Bond or The Fast and the Furious.
Favorite travel show(s): Don’t really watch them.
Favorite travel book(s): Rarely read them.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: NatGeo, Cool Hunting, 12hrs.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! NatGeo.
5 things you bring on a plane: Both mobile phones, headphones and GoPro, don’t need anything else.
What do you always seem to forget? I am pretty organized.
What do you like least about travel? Layovers.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Nothing lol.
Favorite travel app(s): XE.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: South America.
What’s your dream destination? Luxury safari in Africa.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.