Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Scott Jordan
Occupation: CEO & Co-Founder of SCOTTEVEST, Inc and TEC-Technology Enabled Clothing
Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Residence: Ketchum, ID
Bio: Scott E. Jordan is the co-founder and CEO of SCOTTEVEST, Inc. and its licensing subsidiary TEC-Technology Enabled Clothing, Inc. As CEO of SCOTTEVEST, Scott is involved in every aspect of the business, from engineering the perfect pocket to maintaining media relationships to the “big picture” stuff, like determining the future of the company. He started SCOTTEVEST in 2000 with his wife Laura, and has built the business from a start-up run from his guest bedroom into one of Inc.com’s fastest growing companies.
Scott is no stranger to media attention. He appeared on Season Three of ABC’s Shark Tank in March 2012. He has received a multitude of press in the past for his successful entrepreneurship, including write-ups in Entrepreneur magazine, The Wall Street Journal, and even several college textbooks. Before founding SCOTTEVEST, Scott practiced corporate law at DLA Piper in Chicago and acted as Vice President and General Counsel at a Next50.com, an internet start-up. He received his J.D. from Case Western Reserve University (summa cum laude and Order of the Coif) and his B.A. in Business Administration (with a focus on entrepreneurship…before it was trendy) from Ohio State University. His favorite hobbies include skiing, amateur auto racing, yoga, and hiking with his wife Laura and their four standard poodles: Lucy, Chloe, Margaux, and Susie.
How often do you fly? 4-6 times per year
How many countries have you been to? 19
How many continents have you been to? 3
Favorite American city? Sun Valley, Idaho
Favorite international city? Marrakesh, Morocco
Least favorite country? None, they all have merits
Favorite airline? Private J
Favorite aircraft type? Gulfstream G5
Aisle or window? Window
Favorite U.S. airport? SUN, Hailey Idaho
Favorite international airport? Paris
Favorite hotel? Peninsula, Hong Kong
Favorite cruise line? Windstar
Favorite island? Misool Eco Resort
Favorite travel show(s): Anthony Bourdain
Favorite travel book(s): Rick Steves books
Five things you bring on a plane? iPad, headphone,
What do you always seem to forget? Keys
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Gary Ardnt, Google maps
What’s your dream destination? Anywhere that I can Scuba Dive.
Best travel tip: Wear a SCOTTEVEST! Don’t check a bag.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.