Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Sebastian Jacobitz
Hometown: Berlin, Germany
Residence: Berlin, Germany
College: BTU Cottbus
College major: Business Engineering
Facebook: Sebastian Jacobitz – Photo
Short bio: Street photographer from Berlin who quit his job to travel Southeast Asia for some time now. Before, I was an employee at an electronics company working a typical 9-5 office job, which couldn’t really satisfy me. I saved my money and now am traveling and sharing my experiences on my blog.
I lived for five weeks in the Indonesian jungle at a remote place near the Mount Ijen. Photographing the sulfur miners and the local culture. Staying there really gave me the feeling of being part of the family and I would recommend everybody to try the same and stay with a family for a longer time. Besides that I am also member of the photography collective Berlin1020.com.
How often do you fly? At the moment 2-4 times a month.
How many countries have you been to? Over 30.
How many continents have you been to? 3
Earliest travel memory: 1992 eating sand in Mallorca, Spain.
Favorite American city: New York City.
Favorite international city: Hanoi, Vietnam.
Least favorite country: Yet to be found.
I have no desire to go to: Most famous sightseeing places where everyone goes to.
Friendliest people in the world: Vietnamese.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Vietnam.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Ha Long Bay.
Favorite airline: Turkish Airlines.
Favorite aircraft type: Bombardier CRK.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: Emirates Lounge Singapore.
Favorite U.S. airport: JFK.
Favorite international airport: Changi.
Favorite hotel: NoMad NYC.
Favorite cruise line: Norwegian Cruise Line.
Favorite travel credit card: American Express.
Favorite island: Bali.
Favorite beach: Payangan.
Favorite National Park: Alas Purwo, Indonesia.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Belcampo.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Chuck’s Burger, Saigon.
Favorite airport restaurant: Krispy Kreme, does that count :)
Favorite bar: Saigon Skydeck.
Favorite fruit: Durian.
Favorite food: Anything with peanut sauce.
Least favorite food: Nasi goreng.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Ice cold lime juice.
Favorite travel movie(s): 180 Degrees South.
Favorite travel show(s): Expert Vagabond on YouTube.
Favorite travel book(s): “I’m Off Then.”
Right now I am reading: “The Name of the Rose.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Wanderlust, National Geographic, Budget Travel.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Lonely Planet, TripAdvisor, Airbnb.
5 things you bring on a plane: Sleeping mask, earphones, smartphone, power bank, a book.
What do you always seem to forget? Which timezone I am in.
What do you like least about travel? Missing a flight.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Toblerone chocolate—the classic.
Favorite travel app(s): Airbnb, Uber, GoJek, SkyScanner.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Being totally drunk in Hanoi in front of the Regional Manager of Fujifilm.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Paris.
Worst travel moment: Being covered in a sulfur cloud while my gas mask is not really fitting.
What’s your dream destination? A lonely island somewhere far far away.
Favorite travel charity: Earthbox.
Best travel tip: Exploring off the given path, not planning too much and leaving freedom for yourself.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.