Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Sharon Spence Lieb
Hometown: Washington, D.C.
Residence: Charleston, South Carolina
Website: The Moultrie News (Click Travel).
Short Bio: Author of guidebooks on Seoul, Florida, Chicago, Trinidad and Curacao. I’ve published 350+ first person articles on my encounters with wildlife and wild people. I was profiled by The Wall Street Journal and won First Place travel writing awards from Society of American Travel Writers. Google me!
How often do you fly: 4-10 days per month
How many countries have you been to: 40
Continents: All of them, what a blessing.
Favorite American city: Charleston SC where I live and Chicago, where I used to live and work.
Favorite International city: Bangkok Thailand, home to The Reclining Buddha, incredible food, and great shopping.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Hiking Switzerland’s Aletsch Glacier, a UNESCO
Favorite Airline: Thai or SWISS
Aisle or Window: Exit row, Aisle please!
Favorite airport lounge: Geneva, Switzerland Fav US airport: Miami, for the sunshine ambiance, live palms, flowers and delish Cuban food.
Favorite International airport: London Heathrow Airport where I get my Harrod’s Tea.
Favorite Hotel: Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City.
Favorite cruise line: Star and Royal Clippers Fav island: Palau, Micronesia. Where else can you snorkel with friendly jellyfish, giant manta rays and baby reef tip sharks?
Favorite fancy restaurant: A sexy banquette in Cyprus, in Charleston South Carolina is divine.
Favorite fruit: Mango
Favorite food: Seared tuna, followed by molten chocolate dessert.
Least Favorite food: Cheese and onions
Favorite Drink: Pinot Grigio or Mojito
Favorite Travel Movie: “The Spy Who Loved Me”
Favorite Travel Show: Anthony Bourdain-“No Reservations”
Favorite Travel Book: Pico Iyer’s “Video Night in Katmandu”
Right now I’m reading: “The World is Flat-A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century” by Thomas L. Friedman
Five things you bring on a plane: Slippers, a stack of Esquire and Town & Country magazines, protein bars, travel stories to edit, photos of my family and cat Sage.
What do you always forget: To upgrade to First Class!
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store?: Diamond earrings or dark chocolate
Most embarrassing/Worst travel moment: Being alone in a luxury hotel, on my birthday, in Florence, Italy.
What’s your dream destination: I loved Churchill, Canada, where I swam with beluga whales in summer, and photographed polar bears in winter.
What’s your favorite travel charity: HALOS, help for abused and orphaned children.
Favorite travel website(s)- besides JohnnyJet.com of course!: The Globetrotters travel photo features in Moultrie News (Click Travel).
Best Travel Tip: Turn off all electronics and talk to people. Smile, be kind, make friends everywhere. Everyone has a story to share, a lesson learned. Open your heart and the world will rush in.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.