Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Sheila Donnelly Theroux
Occupation: Luxury branding and public relations consultant
Residence: Pupukea and Cape Cod
Website: Sheila Donnelly
Short Bio: Curiosity and high energy are my life’s brief. Luxury global PR, love the strategy and design of a good, fun launch. Yet to conquer: riding a bicycle
How often do you fly: 10-12/year
How many countries have you been to: 26 and counting
How many continents have you been to: All but Antarctica and I want to go on an expedition there with Passage to Africa
Favorite American city: New York
Favorite international city: Mumbai
Least favorite country: North Korea
Favorite World Heritage Site: Fatehpur Sikri
Favorite airline: Cathay
Favorite aircraft type: 777-300
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: Swiss Lounge Basel-Mulhouse
Favorite U.S. airport: Miami
Favorite international airport: Terminal 3 Beijing International
Favorite hotel: Falaknuma
Favorite cruise line: Compagnie du Ponant
Favorite island: Oahu
Favorite fancy restaurant: Eleven Madison Park
Favorite hole in the wall: Sidestreet Inn
Favorite fruit: Figs
Favorite food: Indian or Italian
Least favorite food: Tiny helpless birds
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground) Scotch
Favorite travel movie(s): The Motorcycle Diaries, Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Favorite travel show(s): Peter Greenberg Specials
Favorite travel book(s): The Great Railway Bazaar
Right now I am reading: The Lower River
Five things you bring on a plane: Pillow, blanket, Zolt, movie, book, knitting
What do you always seem to forget: A fantasy
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? A shiny, sparkly $5 surprise
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Fruit Ninja, Yelp, Foursquare, Instagram, flightracker
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Missing the plane, landing in the wrong city
What’s your dream destination: Two months in a cooking class in Italy
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: There is ONLY JohnnyJet.com.
Best travel tip: Always have a list and a smile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.