Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Shira Lazar
Occupation: Co-Founder, What’s Trending
Short Bio: Shira Lazar is the Host and Executive Producer of the Emmy nominated live interactive daily show show and 24/7 news hub, “What’s Trending”. She is also the Host and Creator of the talk show of YouTube, “Partners Project”, interviewing the biggest YouTube stars. Named one of Fast Company’s 2011 Most Influential Women in Technology and Huffington Post’s “Women in Tech to follow on Twitter” , Shira has been the face of the biggest live-streams on the web including, The Oscars and The Grammys among many others. Lazar is a Webby Awards Honoree and 2 time IAWTV Winner For Best Web Series Live Host.
A digital trailblazer, she speaks at conferences around the world, is a regular contributor on The Huffington Post and appears frequently on networks like Bloomberg TV, CNN and Fox News Channel discussing Internet culture and digital trends. You can read Shira’s weekly posts covering the intersection of business and social media on Entrepreneur.com. Shira is also currently a judge for Marriott Hotels’ TravelBrilliantly.com website, which encourages influencers, experts and travelers to re-imagine the future of travel by submitting their most inspiring ideas to improve the travel experience (e.g., technology, eat & drink, work & play, health & wellness, style & design, etc.). Winning ideas could potentially be implemented in Marriott properties around the globe.
How often do you fly: A few times a month
How many countries have you been to: 7
Favorite American city: Venice, CA
Favorite international city: Montreal
Favorite airline: Virgin America
Aisle or window: Window for long flights to sleep next to window. Aisle for shorter flights
Favorite airport lounge: Air Canada any where!
Favorite hotel: Marriott Hotels :)
Do you unpack into the dresser/closet? Or live out of your suitcase? If I’m somewhere for a while I’ll unpack, otherwise live out of the suitcase!
Favorite island: Kauai, Hawaii
Favorite fancy restaurant: Haven’t been yet but I’m dying to go to Sukiyabashi Jiro, a Michelin three-star restaurant that was profiled in the documentary Jiro Dreams of Sushi.
Favorite hole in the wall: Tahiti Nui in Kauai. Local spot, great bands and the best Mai Tai’s around!
Favorite fruit: Mango
Favorite food: Mexican or Japanese food
Least favorite food: Indian
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Depends- bloody mary, vodka/diet coke (don’t make fun of me!), bubbly!
Favorite travel show(s): Right now Orange is The New Black
Favorite travel book(s): Love reading Deepak Chopra, Malcolm Gladwell or Eckhart Tolle for inspiration while traveling.
Right now I am reading: Positive Intelligence, Lean In, How To Make Friends and Influence People
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Wired, Fast Company, Inc. are all fun to read in flight. They give me ideas for my work too!
Five things you bring on a plane: Lip gloss, books, laptop, hand cream, wallet
What do you always seem to forget: PJ’s
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? A cool mug!
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Trippy, Yelp, Urbanspoon
Worst travel moment: Missing flights and delays which sometimes might cause a minor emotional breakdown (haha!)
What’s your dream destination: Tahiti
Favorite travel charity: Doctors Without Borders
Best travel tip: Use your social network for tips and to find out the best local spots.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.