Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Stef Michaels
Occupation: Adventure Girl
Hometown: Where ever I am at the time.
Residence: Somewhere in the world… seriously.
Bio: Stefanie Michaels, known to legions of fans as “Adventure Girl®,” has carved a unique niche in the world of travel and entertainment. Her website, AdventureGirl.com, has been utilized by millions looking for tips on exciting places to visit, be it sleeping in an Ice Hotel in Reykjavík, Iceland, swimming with dolphins in the Bahamas, or tapping into the chicest eco-friendly destinations in travel today.
How often do you fly: Every Week
How many countries have you been to: (Rough estimate if you aren’t sure) over 60
How many continents have you been to: Every one, except Antarctica
Favorite American city: New York
Favorite international city: Paris
Least favorite country: none- it’s weird, I don’t have one.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Þingvellir National Park, Iceland
Favorite airline: Any with wings
Favorite aircraft type: Anything that flies.
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: Any that will have me!
Favorite U.S. airport: Denver, I love the views when you land
Favorite international airport: Frankfurt, it’s so efficient.
Favorite hotel: any that have room service and French fries!
Favorite cruise line: Smaller Yacht types
Favorite island: Any with a sandy beach
Favorite fancy restaurant: Daniel and DB Bistro in NYC (actually anything Daniel Boulud)/ Maze in London
Favorite hole in the wall: A pizza place inside old Dubrovnik serving cornmeal crust pizza.
Favorite fruit: Watermelon
Favorite food: French fries
Least favorite food: anything that looks back at you from the plate.
Favorite travel movie(s): Airplane and the spoof, Soul plane
Favorite travel show(s): I really only watch youtube. Does this count?
Favorite travel book(s): Hemingway on Cuba
Five things you bring on a plane: Snacks, computer, change of clothes to sleep in for long haul/red eyes, earplugs, under-eye cream
What do you always seem to forget: I don’t forget things, I just leave things behind…
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): any app that’s social, like Twitter.
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: I have no shame. I can sleep on a plane easily, but jerking myself awake when I’m sleeping and then drooling all over myself. Yep, I’m one of those…
What’s your dream destination: Anywhere I haven’t been before.
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Adventuregirl.com of course!
Best travel tip: Roll your clothes, and get it all in a carry on.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.