Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Stephen Howard
Occupation: Group PR & Promotions Manager, AHL & QT Hotels & Resorts
Hometown: Woolongong, Australia
Residence: Sydney, Autralia
College: Queensland University of Technology
College major: Marketing and PR
Facebook: Stephen Howard
Short bio: Stephen Howard is a Marketing Communication professional with a variety of experience in different industries and cultural backgrounds having lived in Australia, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom.
Stephen began his career studying at QUT in Brisbane, Queensland whilst running the Marketing and Promotions for a number of high-end hospitality venues. To further progress his career he relocated to Sydney in 2007 working for The Popcorn Group running the PR and Marketing for the national social beach volleyball festival SLAM.
In an extreme change of direction, in 2008 Stephen moved into the multi-national automotive company Hyundai. Whilst at Hyundai, he oversaw a complete brand change in the company launching a number of new vehicles, namely the ‘i-series’ and also implementing a new direction in their PR practices.
In July 2012, Stephen felt the need to return to where it all began in hospitality joining Australia’s newest and most exciting hotel brand, QT Hotels & Resorts as their PR & Promotions Manager.
In September 2013, Stephen took on the additional responsibilities of Group PR & Promotions Manager for QT Hotels & Resort’s parent company Amalgamated Holdings Limited working across brands such as Thredbo Alpine Resort, Rydges Hotels & Resorts, Event Cinemas and launching Atura Hotels whilst also still working on QT as a brand.
How often do you fly? 4+ times a month.
How many countries have you been to? 28
How many continents have you been to? 4
Earliest travel memory: Flying on an old 727 from Sydney to Melbourne in 1988.
Favorite American city: New York.
Favorite international city: Hong Kong.
Least favorite country: Indonesia.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: United States.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Ephesus.
Favorite airline: Qantas/Cathay Pacific.
Favorite aircraft type: A380.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: Qantas First Lounge in Sydney and the Cathay Wing Lounge in Hong Kong.
Favorite U.S. airport: JFK.
Favorite international airport: Hong Kong.
Favorite hotel: QT Sydney, Crosby Hotel NYC and Upper House Hong Kong.
Favorite cruise line: I have never been on a cruise!
Favorite travel credit card: Visa.
Favorite island: Laamu, Maldives.
Favorite beach: Fingle Bay, NSW Australia.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Fat Duck.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: The Shop and Wine Bar, Bondi.
Favorite bar: Blue Marlin, Ibiza.
Favorite fruit: Pineapple.
Favorite food: Japanese.
Least favorite food: Spicy.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Negroni.
Favorite travel movie(s): Up in the Air (George Clooney).
Favorite travel show(s): Getaway.
Favorite travel book(s): Lonely Planet.
Right now I am reading: “Jobs.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Australian Traveller, Condé Nast Traveler & Gourmet Traveller.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Hotel Chatter and Trip Advisor.
5 things you bring on a plane: A toothbrush and paste, a change of clothes, a computer, travel pyjamas and Aspro Clear.
What do you always seem to forget? The 5 things!
What do you like least about travel? Being away from home and my family!
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Red wine and Toblerone.
Favorite travel app(s): TripIt, QT Concierge and Qantas.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Being 18 in Paris handing over 75 Euros to a stranger to buy me a weekly travel pass and then realizing I only got a zone 1 single journey ticket worth 2 Euros—amateur!
Worst travel moment: None, bad or good every moment has been a life experience and helped mould who I am today—I wouldn’t change them for anything!
What’s your dream destination? Tahiti.
Favorite travel charity: Unicef.
Best travel tip: Respect the culture and traditions of your destination—you are a guest.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.