Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Sucheta Rawal
Hometown: Chandigarh, India
Residence: Atlanta, GA
College: Georgia State University
College major: Finance
Facebook: Suchetar Rawal
Pinterest: Go Eat Give
Google+: Sucheta Rawal
Short bio: Sucheta Rawal is an award-winning food and travel writer contributing to CNN, Travel + Leisure, Creative Loafing, the Huffington Post, and CheapOAir. She is a spokesperson for culinary, sustainable and volunteer travel. Sucheta has authored “Beato Goes To” series of children’s picture books based on her own travels to educate kids about the world’s cultures. Sucheta also founded Go Eat Give, a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit with a mission to raise awareness of different cultures through travel, food and community service.
How often do you fly? Monthly.
How many countries have you been to? 81 and counting.
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: As a kid, I was thrilled to hang out in upscale hotels around India and would often convince the management to take me into their kitchens for a behind the scenes tour.
Favorite American city: Sedona.
Favorite international city: Portofino.
Least favorite country: El Salvador.
I have no desire to go to: Bermuda.
Friendliest people in the world: Nepal.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Serbia.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Amalfi coast.
Favorite airline: Norwegian.
Favorite aircraft type: Dreamliner.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: Istanbul.
Favorite U.S. airport: Atlanta.
Favorite international airport: Schiphol.
Favorite hotel: Raffles Europejski Warsaw.
Favorite cruise line: Royal Caribbean.
Favorite travel credit card: American Express Platinum.
Favorite island: Bali.
Favorite beach: Montego Bay, Jamaica.
Favorite National Park: Masai Mara, Kenya.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Marea, New York City.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Doaba Dhaba, Chandigarh.
Favorite airport restaurant: One Flew South, Atlanta.
Favorite bar: BES Craft & Cocktail Lounge, St Croix.
Favorite fruit: Mango.
Favorite food: Middle Eastern.
Least favorite food: American version of Chinese.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Water.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, The Darjeeling Limited.
Favorite travel show(s): Jack Whitehall: Travels with My Father, Planet Earth.
Favorite travel podcast(s): This week in travel.
Favorite travel book(s): “The Directions to Happiness.”
Right now I am reading: “Hippie” by Paulo Coelho.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: National Geographic Traveler, BBC Travel, Travel + Leisure.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! CheapOAir.
5 things you bring on a plane: Noise-cancellation ear phones.
What do you always seem to forget? Battery packs.
What do you like least about travel? Long flights.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Museum replicas.
Favorite travel app(s): TripAdvisor.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Giving wrong directions in Spanish at London’s tube station.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: China.
Worst travel moment: Being stuck in a one-room airport with no running water in the Philippines.
What’s your dream destination? The five Stans.
Favorite travel charity: Pack for a purpose.
Best travel tip: Go with an open mind and embrace the differences.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.