Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations, and what they never leave home without.
Name: Suzanne Stavert
Occupation: Travel Writer, Blogger, and Influencer
Residence: Pasadena, CA
College major: Psychology
Pinterest: Suzanne Stavert
YouTube: Suzanne Stavert
Short bio: Since creating AdventuresofEmptyNesters.com four years ago, Suzanne has successfully built an engaged, multi-generational audience. Through her writing and photography she shares details of world-wide travel, fabulous restaurants, and midlife experiences. The success of the blog has led to exciting adventures like filming an infomercial, guest blogging for the Container Store, hosting videos, and partnering with major travel brands. She lives this sweet life with Craig, her husband of thirty-three years, and her rescue pup, Rocco, in sunny Southern California.
How often do you fly? 2-3 times a month.
How many countries have you been to? 19
How many continents have you been to? 4
Earliest travel memory: A road trip from LA to Missouri when I was eight.
Favorite American city: Seattle or New Orleans.
Favorite international city: Sydney, Australia.
Least favorite country: Still looking!
Friendliest people in the world: Costa Rica and Thailand.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Mums the word!
Favorite World Heritage Site: Pienza, Italy.
Favorite airline: American.
Favorite aircraft type: Anything with a bed for overnight travel.
Aisle or window: Aisle—I get claustrophobic.
Favorite U.S. airport: Sea-Tac in Seattle, Love the huge windows!
Favorite international airport: Barcelona, Spain.
Favorite hotel: Park Hyatt Mallorca.
Favorite cruise line: Never been on a cruise!
Favorite travel credit card: Citibank.
Favorite island: Kauai.
Favorite beach: Poipu Beach, Kauai.
Favorite National Park: Glacier National Park, Montana.
Favorite fancy restaurant: French Laundry.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Las Golondrinas—Breakfast burritos.
Favorite airport restaurant: Not a fan of airport food.
Favorite bar: Rob Roy in Seattle.
Favorite fruit: Boysenberries.
Favorite food: All Italian food.
Least favorite food: Beets.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Anything with bubbles, sparkling wine, champagne or prosecco.
Favorite travel show(s): Anything with Andrew Zimmern or Samantha Brown.
Favorite travel book(s): “The Sun Also Rises” by Ernest Hemmingway.
Right now I am reading: “11/22/63” – Stephen King.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Bon Appétit and Food & Wine.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! GettingonTravel.com, Expedia.com.
5 things you bring on a plane: Melatonin, almonds, iPad mini, hand cream.
What do you always seem to forget? Toothpaste.
What do you like least about travel? Waiting.
Favorite travel app(s): Hands down: Uber.
Most embarrassing travel moment: On our honeymoon, I made my husband wear a coat and tie on the plane to Hawaii. I thought all “grown-ups” wore that. They lost his luggage so he wore his dress clothes for two days.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: The Grand Canyon.
Worst travel moment: At 18, dragging around a huge roller bag when my much “cooler” friends had backpacks.
What’s your dream destination? Africa or Antarctica.
Best travel tip: Always be completely packed the night before, leave nothing to chance for an early morning flight. All cords, passport, everything in its place.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.