Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Terry Jastrow
Occupation: Novelist, former network TV sports producer, screenwriter & director, playwright & director
Hometown: Born Denver, Colorado, raised in Texas
Residence: Los Angeles (Brentwood)
College: University of Houston
College major: Radio & Television
Facebook: Terry Jastrow, Author
Short bio: Terry Jastrow is an Emmy Award-winning Producer and/or Director of some of the world’s greatest events over the last 30 years, including The Super Bowl XIX and six Olympic Games. Jastrow is also a Novelist, Screenwriter, Playwright, and Film & Theater Director. His new novel, “The Trial of Prisoner 043,” was released August 1, 2017. It is a novel set in the future wherein George W. Bush is put on trial at the International Criminal Court for war crimes.
How often do you fly? Currently 20 times/year. In the past, 50 times/year.
How many countries have you been to? 46
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: Taking a train from Texas to Minnesota to visit my grandparents.
Favorite American city: Carmel, California.
Favorite international city: Paris/Barcelona/Venice/Istanbul.
Least favorite country: I find something to love about every country.
I have no desire to go to: Syria.
Friendliest people in the world: Midland, Texas.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Russia, though I’ve never been to North Korea.
Favorite World Heritage Site: The Louvre.
Favorite airline: Cathay Pacific.
Favorite aircraft type: Concorde.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: Seoul, Korea.
Favorite U.S. airport: McCarran, Las Vegas.
Favorite international airport: Amsterdam.
Favorite hotel: Peninsula in Hong Kong.
Favorite travel credit card: Amex.
Favorite island: Tahiti.
Favorite beach: Marbella, Spain.
Favorite National Park: Yosemite.
Favorite fancy restaurant: 11 Madison, NYC.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Farmshop, LA.
Favorite bar: Conaught, London.
Favorite fruit: Blueberry.
Favorite food: Fish.
Least favorite food: Yams.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Premium wine.
Favorite travel movie(s): Bond films.
Right now I am reading: “Washington, A Life” by Ron Chernow.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Spafinder.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! …is there any other?
5 things you bring on a plane: A good book, iPod/music, comfortable socks, calmag (for sleep).
What do you like least about travel? Waiting, waiting and waiting…
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Cuban cigars.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Entered toilet to see a man & woman having sex.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Iceland.
Worst travel moment: Stranded in Phoenix airport on 9/11.
What’s your dream destination? Any place I land with my girlfriend (aka wife).
Favorite travel charity: Unicef.
Best travel tip: Organize time to maximize sleep.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.