Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: The Travelocity Roaming Gnome
Occupation: Citizen of the World
Hometown: London, England
Residence: Depends on the day!
Facebook: The Travelocity Roaming Gnome
Pinterest: Travelocity Pinterest
YouTube: Travelocity Gnome Youtube
Short Bio: You’ve probably seen me on the telly, upholding the Travelocity Guarantee. If so, I’d like you to know that the camera adds ten pounds. Things I like include: finding smashing travel deals, buttered crumpets, combing my lustrous beard, and Photoshopping my passport picture so I looks just a smidge taller. Things I don’t like include: poison oak, the last day of vacation, people who scream “freebird!”, and getting stuck in the middle seat between two Chatty Cathys.
How often do you fly: Only as often as I’m invited on trips! Why, is that an invitation?
How many countries have you been to: One… two…eight…twelve… I’m sorry I’ve lost count. I’m always traveling!
How many continents have you been to: I’ll have you know, I’m quite the world traveler. The only continents these gorgeous eyes haven’t seen in person are South America and Antarctica. Bucket list!
Favorite American city: Recently, I was in a town just outside of Monterey, California. I met an elephant who lifted me as high in the sky as any gnome has ever gone via elephant trunk. World record? I think so!
Favorite international city: Got to give a shout out to my pickles across the pond…London, England!
Least favorite country: There’s no such thing.
Favorite World Heritage Site: The Great Barrier Reef – I make snorkeling in a hat look smashing.
Favorite airline: The one with the best overhead bins. I fit in them, you know, in case you were thinking of taking me somewhere. I’m free next weekend.
Favorite aircraft type: That’s a toughie. I’d say any with enough aisle room to do the cha-cha-cha.
Aisle or window: Window! When else can I see everything from way up above?
Favorite airport lounge: The one with the finest cocktails…OK all of them!
Favorite U.S. airport: SFO, Terminal 2! Why? Pinkberry.
Favorite international airport: Seoul International Airport! They have a HOTEL right inside the airport!
Favorite hotel: Any hotel where I can hang my pointy red hat, get a foot massage and a piña colada. What, I’m not needy!
Favorite cruise line: I recently went on the new Disney Fantasy Cruise. How was it you ask? Smashing. So much so that I got a fairy princess makeover in the Bibbidi-Bobbidi Boutique. (I couldn’t resist myself.)
Favorite island: Bishop Rock. It’s small, like me.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Any restaurant with crumpets, yum!
Favorite hole in the wall: My kitchen. What? It’s not well known and serves great food!
Favorite fruit: Strawberries. But only chocolate covered.
Favorite food: Cucumber sandwiches.
Least favorite food: Lima beans, yuck!
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Anything with an umbrella!
Favorite travel movie(s): Easy Rider; Endless Summer; Road Trip; The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (oh, you know you loved it, too); A Gnome Named Gnorm; Roaming Romeo.
Favorite travel show(s): Dora the Explorer; The Amazing Race (of course); Lost. And I’m rather besotted with “What Not to Wear” (as long as they don’t decide that red pointy hats are passé, of course).
Favorite travel book(s): “Papa was a Roaming Gnome – A Memoir” By: The Roaming Gnome. (I’m in the process of writing it, but I’ll send you a signed copy…wait…I can’t get my hands out of my pockets to sign it…we’ll figure it out.)
Right now I am reading: Fifty shades of grey. Yes, I’ll admit it.
Five things you bring on a plane: 1. My pointy red hat. 2. My blue smashing jacket. 3. My black boots. 4. My beard comb 5. My manners.
What do you always seem to forget: My beard comb. Everything else I carry with me all the time!
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Is everything one of my options?
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): The Travelocity app because those chaps know how to find me a good deal! (And how to party; but we’ll get into that later.)
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: I once was in an Asian country and thought I had ordered chicken. To my surprise I had said “beetle” instead. Still tasty.
What’s your dream destination: A sunny beach, a snorkel and a mimosa.
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Travelocity.com because they always have Grade A deals to save some presidents! I’ve also found a travel tip or two through Facebook from my pals.
Best travel tip: Pay less for the room so there’s more for the minibar!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.