Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Tom Rubin
Hometown: Las Vegas
Short bio: Creator and performer of the one-man comedy show “Yes You Can’t!” playing at the El Cortez Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
How often do you fly? Three times a year.
How many countries have you been to? 22
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: Leaving the hospital.
Favorite American city: Las Vegas!
Favorite international city: Paris.
Least favorite country: Mesopotamia.
Friendliest people in the world: Salesmen.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: North Korea.
Favorite airline: Goodyear.
Aisle or window: Aisle. So you can pee without jumping over the person next to you.
Favorite airport lounge: Anything outside the US.
Favorite U.S. airport: McCarran.
Favorite international airport: A dirt strip outside of Tamarindo, Costa Rica.
Favorite hotel: El Cortez Hotel & Casino!
Favorite cruise line: The one that my brother Richard is entertaining on.
Favorite travel credit card: Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card.
Favorite island: Staten.
Favorite beach: Grace Bay, Turks & Caicos.
Favorite National Park: Sequoia.
Favorite fancy restaurant: They’re all overrated.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: The KFC across from the Great Sphinx.
Favorite bar: Hershey or Three Musketeers (tie).
Favorite fruit: Nectarine.
Favorite food: Chocolate.
Least favorite food: Hemlock.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Water.
Favorite travel movie(s): Trains, Planes and Automobiles.
Favorite travel show(s): Survivor.
Favorite travel book(s): “The World’s Most Dangerous Places.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: National Geographic.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: TripAdvisor.
5 things you bring on a plane: Fuel, helmet, goggles, parachute, co-pilot.
What do you always seem to forget? I don’t remember.
What do you like least about travel? Airplane armrests.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Nothing. I have enough liquor.
Favorite travel app(s): Pokémon Go.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Temple.
What’s your dream destination? Anyplace with Scarlett Johansson.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.