Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Tory Belleci
Occupation: TV host and movie special effects tech
Hometown: Monterey, CA
Residence: San Francisco
College: San Francisco State University
College major: Film production
Facebook: Tory Belleci
YouTube: Tory Belleci
Short bio: Tory Belleci is best known as the daredevil on Mythbusters, and can build just about anything. He’s been a regular host for Science Channel’s hit show Punkin Chunkin for the last five years and currently hosts the new Travel Channel series Thrill Factor with co-host Kari Byron. Tory has appeared on The Rachael Ray Show and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as a science entertainer. He’s also appeared on Iron Chef and Hell’s Kitchen as a celebrity judge and can be seen blowing things up on his web series Blow It Up!
How often do you fly? Whether it’s for work or play, I’m usually on a plane every few weeks.
How many countries have you been to? 19
How many continents have you been to? Four.
Earliest travel memory: Roadtrip with my family to the Grand Canyon.
Favorite American city: San Francisco. It’s not very big, only 7 mi x 7 mi, but has pretty much everything you could ever ask for. Plus it has some of the best food in the world.
Favorite international city: Rome. It’s all about the food and history.
Friendliest people in the world: Australians I’ve found to be the friendliest and most fun. They’re always up for a good time.
Favorite airline: Virgin.
Favorite aircraft type: G6.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin at SFO.
Favorite U.S. airport: Burbank.
Favorite hotel: The W in Barcelona.
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Visa.
Favorite island: Kaui.
Favorite beach: Bondi Beach.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Pierluigi in Rome.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Pizzeria Delfina.
Favorite bar: Smuglers Cove SF.
Favorite fruit: Mango.
Favorite food: Pizza.
Least favorite food: Kale.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Red wine.
Favorite travel movie(s): Fight Club.
Favorite travel show(s): True Detective S1.
Favorite travel book(s): Any comic book.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Are there others?
What do you always seem to forget? Toothbrush.
What do you like least about travel? Waiting, for flights, cabs, etc.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Cigars.
Favorite travel app(s): Waze.
Most embarrassing travel moment: It was an embarrassing moment, but more for my mother. I took a flash photo inside an Italian cathedral which is a huge no no and all the other tourists turned around towards me. I hid the camera and turned around too. It just so happened that my mom was right behind me and everyone thought she took the photo. Sorry mom.
Worst travel moment: I’ve only missed a flight once due to my tardiness and it is something I never want to do again.
What’s your dream destination? Any tropical beach.
Favorite travel charity: Habitat for Humanity.
Best travel tip: Know your travel mate.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.