Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Tory Belleci
Occupation: TV host and movie special effects tech
Hometown: Monterey, CA
Residence: San Francisco
College: San Francisco State University
College major: Film production
Facebook: Tory Belleci
YouTube: Tory Belleci
Short bio: Tory Belleci is best known as the daredevil on Mythbusters, and can build just about anything. He’s been a regular host for Science Channel’s hit show Punkin Chunkin for the last five years and currently hosts the new Travel Channel series Thrill Factor with co-host Kari Byron. Tory has appeared on The Rachael Ray Show and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as a science entertainer. He’s also appeared on Iron Chef and Hell’s Kitchen as a celebrity judge and can be seen blowing things up on his web series Blow It Up!
How often do you fly? Whether it’s for work or play, I’m usually on a plane every few weeks.
How many countries have you been to? 19
How many continents have you been to? Four.
Earliest travel memory: Roadtrip with my family to the Grand Canyon.
Favorite American city: San Francisco. It’s not very big, only 7 mi x 7 mi, but has pretty much everything you could ever ask for. Plus it has some of the best food in the world.
Favorite international city: Rome. It’s all about the food and history.
Friendliest people in the world: Australians I’ve found to be the friendliest and most fun. They’re always up for a good time.
Favorite airline: Virgin.
Favorite aircraft type: G6.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin at SFO.
Favorite U.S. airport: Burbank.
Favorite hotel: The W in Barcelona.
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Visa.
Favorite island: Kaui.
Favorite beach: Bondi Beach.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Pierluigi in Rome.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Pizzeria Delfina.
Favorite bar: Smuglers Cove SF.
Favorite fruit: Mango.
Favorite food: Pizza.
Least favorite food: Kale.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Red wine.
Favorite travel movie(s): Fight Club.
Favorite travel show(s): True Detective S1.
Favorite travel book(s): Any comic book.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Are there others?
What do you always seem to forget? Toothbrush.
What do you like least about travel? Waiting, for flights, cabs, etc.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Cigars.
Favorite travel app(s): Waze.
Most embarrassing travel moment: It was an embarrassing moment, but more for my mother. I took a flash photo inside an Italian cathedral which is a huge no no and all the other tourists turned around towards me. I hid the camera and turned around too. It just so happened that my mom was right behind me and everyone thought she took the photo. Sorry mom.
Worst travel moment: I’ve only missed a flight once due to my tardiness and it is something I never want to do again.
What’s your dream destination? Any tropical beach.
Favorite travel charity: Habitat for Humanity.
Best travel tip: Know your travel mate.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.