Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Vicki Winters
Occupation: Blogger/Content Creator/Social Media Manager
Hometown: New York City, Los Angeles, Miami
Residence: New York City
College: University of Miami
College major: Spanish, until I dropped out
Facebook: Vicki Winters
Pinterest: Vicki Winters
YouTube: Vicki Winters
Short bio: Welcome to The Vicki Winters Show! Thanks for being my guest. Speak directly into the fake mic and tell us a little bit about yourself! Vicki Winters is also one half of Bucket List Boomers with her husband Dan.
How often do you fly? As often as possible. Although I don’t love to fly, I love going places.
How many countries have you been to? 35
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: We caravanned by automobile from NY to Fla. My father smoked while my brother and I choked in the back seat. Then we would switch off to my grandparents’ car where both of them smoked. To this day, I can’t sit in a car without getting anxious!
Favorite American city: I love New York, but that’s because it’s my home. There are a few other cities that I love: Austin, Portland, Miami Beach, Santa Monica.
Favorite international city: Too hard to choose just one.
Least favorite country: Syria for obvious reasons.
I have no desire to go to: Syria for obvious reasons.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Russia.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Angkor Wat.
Favorite aircraft type: 747 and sitting upstairs.
Aisle or window: Aisle, I have to pee often.
Favorite airport lounge: American Express Centurion although I can only go when I travel with my husband cause I don’t have my own Platinum Amex.
Favorite international airport: Changi.
Favorite fancy restaurant: El Cellar de Can Roca.
Favorite fruit: Dragon fruit.
Favorite food: Ice cream.
Least favorite food: Bugs.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Water water and more water.
Right now I am reading: JohnnyJet.com.
5 things you bring on a plane: Eyeshades, iPhone.
What do you like least about travel? Long-haul flights in COACH.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Belgian Chocolates.
Favorite travel app(s): TripCase.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: New Orleans.
What’s your dream destination? Antarctica.
Best travel tip: If you bring white pants, be prepared to have them washed every day!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.