Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Vivian A. Deuschl
Occupation: Deuschl Hospitality/Public Relations Consultant
Hometown: New York, NY
Residence: Annandale, VA
Website: In progress
Short Bio: Former Global Vice President, Public Relations The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company; Director of Public Relations American Society of Travel Agents; Former Manager Public Relations The Washington D.C. Convention and Visitors Bureau; Winner 2010 Hospitality Sales and Marketing International Lifetime Achievement Award; Named one of 25 Most Influential Women in Travel by Forbes Life Executive Women Magazine; Three time winner 100 Most Powerful Women in Travel, Travel Agent Magazine
How often do you fly: Until recently, 50 times annually
How many countries have you been to: 70
How many continents have you been to: North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia
Favorite American city: Washington, D.C.
Favorite international city: Rome, Italy
Least favorite country: Korea
Favorite World Heritage Site: Great Wall of China
Favorite airline: Cathay Pacific
Favorite aircraft type: Any one with business class
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin Atlantic, Business Class, London
Favorite U.S. airport: Washington, Reagan
Favorite international airport: Hong Kong
Favorite hotel: Villa D’Este
Favorite cruise line: Silver Seas
Favorite island: Hawaii
Favorite fancy restaurant: Fearing’s, Dallas, TX
Favorite hole in the wall: Blue Goose, Dallas, TX
Favorite fruit: Strawberries
Favorite food: Hamburgers
Least favorite food: Brussel Sprouts
Favorite travel movie(s): Sound of Music
Favorite travel show(s): Travel Channel
Favorite travel book(s): Anything by Peter Greenberg
Five things you bring on a plane: iPod, M&M’s, family photos, extra set of clothes, cashmere wrap
What do you always seem to forget: Extra copies of passport
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Wearing two different shoes to a meeting after a bad case of jet lag.
What’s your dream destination: The Adriatic Coast of Italy
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: www.hotelcheck-in.com
Best travel tip: Always change small amount of foreign currency so you have money for tips, taxis etc…
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.