Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Will McGough
Occupation: Travel Writer
Hometown: Mickleton, NJ
Website: Wake and Wander
Facebook: Wake and Wander
Short bio: Will McGough is a writer focused on all types of travel, from swimming with pigs to parties in ice hotels. He is inspired by the spectrum of ways in which people live their lives in the different parts of the world. He enjoys the idea of waking up every day to new opportunities, new landscapes, and the new feelings that the former inevitably evoke. He doesn’t discriminate: Massages, wine tasting, sailing, skydiving, and bed-and-breakfasts are all equally inviting. He writes daily about his travels on his blog, Wake and Wander.
How often do you fly? Several times a month.
Aisle or window: Window. Damn drink carts.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): I am equal opportunity when it comes to booze. I go through phases.
5 things you bring on a plane: I’m a talker, for sure, so I don’t bring much other than a notebook and laptop. When I’m not working, I’m bothering my seatmates with questions about their lives. Some days it goes better than others.
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: I spill my drink a lot on planes, if you could call that embarrassing. Hey, that’s what happens when there are no cupholders. Why are there no cupholders?
What’s your dream destination? The more I learn, the more it changes, but right now it’s an African Safari.
Best travel tip: Probably the best thing I’ve learned is that there is no benefit to sitting on the sidelines and no perks to being a wallflower.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.